Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hour Capt. Sim $10 sale

Hi guys everything is on sale at the Capt. Sim website for 24 hours on August 20.

This means that you can pick up anything on the site for only $10 including the awesome C-130 Hercules package.

To anyone who doesn't have the Capt. Sims C-130 this is a fantastic bargain you just can't miss.

Happy landings
    Lazerbolt,
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

thanks lazer! the c130 is def worth 10euros! I picked up their c130 and 737-200 last sale and was really pleased, particularily with the 737-200.

I'll pick up their 777 this sale, which is their newest plane so it should be pretty nice. I doubt there's a better airliner out there for 10euros: http://www.captainsim.com/products/x777/200/vc.html They also just recently released a big patch for it about a month ago.

Comment

Have you seen if their 777 is multiplayer friendly? Captain Sim is notoriously multiplayer unfriendly as a company, so unless it is by default, not a chance they will fix it.
      - Michael
      Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Great deals.. unfortunately, caught me at the worst time possible fanancially. Ah well, hopefully I'll be able to grab the C-130 if they repeat the sale around Christmas as they did previously.
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
        Steam Group:
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
        YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
          Have you seen if their 777 is multiplayer friendly?
          Good point waterman. I haven't found any information about multiplayer problems on a preliminary google search. The 737-200 did fine in multiplayer, so I'm willing to buy the 777 for ~$13 to test it out. Unfortunately I won't be home for a few days so I won't beable to let people know if it works or not till then.

Comment

So I ended up buying the 777 which after converted to USD turned out to be $13.69. It seems like a great plane, and has received really good reviews.

I'll let everyone know if it's multi-player friendly when I get back (1-2 days). I figured since it is their latest plane, and they just released a version 2 patch, it should probably be OK. I have the 737-200 which is their 2nd newest plane, and I can confirm that is multi-player friendly.

Comment

I did also grab it, and jumped on the server last night with the -200.

It is multiplayer friendly. I was not kicked, and when doing a !p got a "no players over 200" message.

But honestly, I'm wondering if I could get a refund I would. The cockpit looks horrible to me. VERY jagged on everything. But the big thing is it doesn't work like default planes for my Saitek panel. So rather than reach up and twist a knob to adjust my altitude hold, I have to grab the mouse and do it in the VC. Granted, that doesn't affect many people, but that is a huge inconvenience for me.
              - Michael

Comment

hmm that's good that its multiplayer friendly....bad that it looks jagged That's strange because the 737-200 cockpit looks great, and they made the 737 right before the 777.

Comment

I'm wondering if it's an option, like default or high-res... honestly I installed it and immediately checked multiplayer, so I haven't looked over the manuals or anything yet.
                  - Michael

Comment

The C130 comes with an ACE (aircraft config editor) that lets you change the resolution of the VC.
                    Maybe the 777 has something similar.
                    Happy landings,
                    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Lazer. Got the full C-130 package (though nothing else in their product line attracts). Too good to miss.

Comment

OOooohhh... I wonder if I can make the C-130 look even better? I'm excited to see tonight!
                        - Michael

Comment

I saw nothing about resolution for the C130 or 777.

I'm starting to think the 777 was just optimized very poorly, as close in things appear much better, but from seating position there is horrible AA going on, making it basically impossible to read.
                          - Michael

Comment

Looks like the new one is coming up... I saw this post on AVSIM: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429265-...ale-has-begun/

Do notice post 3: "00:00 to 23:59 16DEC2013 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99!"
                            - Michael

Comment

Hope everyone who needed it got the C-130 (23 minutes left as I type this).

I did decide to be brave and picked up the 767 base pack... Damn 9.99 sales... get me every time!
                              - Michael

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X