X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carenado Seneca v released

check out carenados site: http://www.carenado.com/

Carenado does great work in the flight sim community. While I don't want to take anything away from their work, there are a couple of items that are worth mentioning when considering this model.

This aircraft is quite similar to RealAir's Beechcraft Duke 60 Baron. Carenado's model can cause some issues with packet flooding on the server, though this isn't a huge concern. None of the Carenado models to date are shareable on the server. The RealAir Duke 60 is shareable.

Otherwise the Duke is $5 more and about 10 knots slower. The Seneca appears to have glass cockpits only whereas the Duke has standard gauges. The visual quality of the two models seem similar. Personally cockpit sharing is a major benefit so my choice would be obvious.

Comment

I haven't done cockpit sharing in quite a while due to the seemingly exponentially increased packet demands. Has anyone done aircraft-type comparisons/studies to see if there is a trend, and can a definitive list be built of safely-shareable vs. share-flooding aircraft?

Back on topic; I agree, Carenado makes beautifully modeled aircraft. But, of course, if they don't pay attention to network utilization, we have to consider it a scrub (for multiplayer purposes, at least; and I wouldn't purchase any aircraft that couldn't be flown on a packet-protected server). Do we have this data yet on the Carenado Seneca V?
      Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X