Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTX OpenLC Europe has been released!

Just got an email from the Flight Sim Store...

We begin our FTX Global openLC series with Europe, covering an area over 10,000,000 sq. km with FTX Global custom textures and new textures unique to openLC. Taking over 2 years of R&D and data development, FTXG openLC as the name suggests, replaces the default landclass layer with higher detailed and a better variety of land types. This in turn creates a more varied and accurate terrain with FSX or P3D. It has been specifically designed to work with both FTX Global BASE and FTX Global Vector as part of the total simulator overhaul. With FTX Global,and openLC Europe you now have a whole new continent to explore. Start putting the pieces together now!

Hand crafted landclass for 10 million sq km
    Thousands of superb new textures
    Greatly reduced texture repetition!
    Full five seasons support
    New 3D night lighting
    Made for FTX Global and VECTOR
    Four separate installers for convenience
    Each geographic area feels unique
    Stunning Mt Vesuvius photoreal
    The first of seven Orbx "mega regions"
    A whole new Europe to explore!

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...1qtmvjsfcb8bj1

I'll be holding off until I put my cockpit back together, so I can't wait to hear what you guys think.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Here are my first impressions:

So, download is 10gigs, extracts to a whopping 19gigs. Pretty big for a landclass product, but I understand they offer a ton of unique textures to compliment specific regions and settings but I don't understand how its twice of the size of Global itself. Anyway, first flight was in Norway, I loaded in and could already see the difference, new textures everywhere, and they are very well done and high quality. After getting in the air and flying around for 3 or 4 minutes, I'm already not very impressed with what I'm seeing. While the textures look fantastic, I'm suddenly getting blurries everywhere, it seems like the sim is trying to load so many textures at a time my PC just isnt keeping up with it. Whether that's something on my end, I'm not sure, and something I'll look at when I can sit down and spend some more time with it, but this wasnt happening prior to installing Open LC. I also still see plenty of repeating textures at higher altitudes, something they said this product would eliminate.

The landclass itself also doesn't seem to so great, at least in the area I had flown, as you get a lot of ugly overlap like this, and it is EVERYWHERE and it does not look good.

Maybe I just picked a bad spot for my first flight... I should have time for a proper flight this afternoon, so I'll post some more about it this evening if I get around to it.
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X