FTX Global VECTOR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely agree. I unfortunately bought it day one, and I personally think that compared to UTX, it is the inferior product. It seems like this has also been the biggest support nightmare for a product with Orbx's name on it.

But, it is out of the box marketed for P3D v2 (Should be coming this quarter for UTX though... contract issues they need to straighten out), and does cover the WHOLE world.

I find most of the coastlines to be great, but the roads in Vector are horrible. Not just the huge aprons (which I killed all of them), but the way they intersect, overlap (overpasses), bridges... The roads got seriously screwed up by Vector.

I do wonder if its in any way possible to layer UTX over Vector.... That way things like SE Asia has something, but you can have a superior product for North America, Europe...
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Notes were posted about v1.1 of Vector: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...d-not-a-patch/
      Hello all,

Because of the fantastic customer input into VECTOR and the excellent documented bugs and issues found and reported by you all, much work has been going on behind the scenes on V1.1

Additionally, we have decided to dramatically alter the file structure of VECTOR so that we can add a configurator tool, as this seems to be an overwhelming desire from many customers. Whilst the original product design was to make it a simple install-and-forget product, we did not take into account that on low end machines the extra geometry being processed by both the CPU and GPU may take its toll, so to this end the configurator tool will allow users with modest hardware to only select the features they require.

Additionally, it was obvious that OSM delivers a solution, but a flawed one. Even our four months of extensive testing failed to identify many very serious erroneous data elements in OSM, so Bernd and the team have been working 24/7 to replace faulty OSM with better more high resolution data in places where it just does not cut it.

A huge number of reports bugs are therefore already fixed, and in particular the issue of overly wide roads will mostly be solved in V1.1 because we found that incorrect data and also incorrect road types were applied in many places.

Also, we're moving poly LC forests out of VECTOR and these will be part of openLC, it just worked out better to do it this way.

Overall, V1.1 is going to be a substantial improvement and essentially will be a whole new product.

How will you get the "patch"? Well you will be emailed by FSS and there will be a new replacement full triple-installer in your FSS download area so you can install the completely new product using your existing registration information. The filesize will be similar to the original around 2.5GB or so.

Of course, V1.1 is a free upgrade and from the time of release all new customers will automatically be downloading the V1.1 build, not the old one.

The installer will do all the housekeeping for you automatically, so you won't need to uninstall VECTOR V1.0 before installing V1.1

At this stage we are aiming for a January release of V1.1, but as it has still not entered beta testing (it will soon) this may slip into Feb. I can assure you we're trying very hard to make it January but of course we want V1.1 to be as robust as possible.

Yours in updates
      I do thing John worded this very well to appease all the people who are unhappy with VECTOR. There has been a lot of complaining, and he kept this positive rather than lash out at people.

It kinda sucks it's a complete replacement download, rather than a patch, but if everything comes through it should help a lot. I guess now we are waiting on PILOTS to deliver.

I'm still going to keep my eyes on the new Scenery Solutions (UTX) product, "ProjectX" (http://scenerysolutions.tumblr.com/), as that single screenshot showing it is amazing.
      - Michael
      Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X