Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCS UH-1 Huey

Has anyone every played Digital Combat Simulations (DCS) UH-1 Huey or any of their other platforms. I'm a big helicopter nut and it looks pretty good. Opinions????
    Mike N287WT

Sgt USMC 0311/8152 (Retired) 1991-2001 1/4, MCSF Co. Bangor, 2/3, 2002-2003 4th LAR
    Desert Storm, OIF I

"I run towards gun fire, not away from it"

[See HawgDawg's inevitably excited reply below... ]
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Too Flipping Funny Wingman!

Yes, and I am very excited (Doooo) to hear that others have interest in DCS. I fly the Huey and the KA-50 on a regular basis. LOVE THEM. The flight dynamics are better than FSX, the graphics are intense. If you are a true helicopter nut, you cannot continue to exist without purchasing this aircraft!
      HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
      See my videos Here

Comment

I'm just glad to hear excited discussion of DCS here in the forum. How many of us (actually, you) play this aviation specific sim? I'm still not clear what we voted down in a previous question on this combat sim.

http://msflights.net/forum/poll.php?...do=showresults

That vote was 3 to 1 against supporting DCS and yet the sim continues to garner interest and participation within the community. Hawg reminded us of this vote in his comment on Coast's thread in Tech Chat discussing both the documentable information gathering as well as the personal member opinions on Lockheed Martin Prepar3D version 2.

http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...-msFlights-net

How do our collective opinions and concensus on community support for DCS and P3Dv2 relate to one another? Did we already vote down community support for P3D v2 in Kalo's poll of late June? I hope not. I read in Coast's two related P3D v2 threads not. Do we need to revisit our expressed opinion against support of DCS? Do we need to more closely define the question's meaning of the word support?

Apologies, Mike, for the thread hijack here but the interest you express in this DCS aircraft seems to indicate continued community interest in the sim itself. I guess I'm just trying to stir this pot again, cause a little trouble along the way.
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

No worries Bob

Just purchased it this morning and can't wait to get home this evening and try it out (got the Cera Sim 412 too). I guess the immediate interest in the DCS sim was the mission aspect. I love flying around with guys on this site, but at times it gets a little boring. The highlight of some of my best flights on here have been group flights and airports with heavy traffic and ATC.

Putting around different airports is fun and all but in my humble opinion, having some type of mission or flight objective ups the enjoyment level like the time we were all trying to land on that cruise deck helipad at HNL (especially when you have been flying this version/sim) for over six years.

I have discussed this topic with some of the pilots of starting up some type of WWII or modern version (F-16, F-18, etc) type flights where the objective is to launch from different airports/bases and do some dogfighting against each other. I know some people on this site just like to fly and I do to, but a little action once in a while would be cool.

We could come up with a system where kills (gun only, harder) could be called over TeamSpeak in the particular channel you were in and verified by screen shots of you on someone’s six within a reasonable distance. We even kicked around the idea of a template that we could all use (standard) that could be taped or hung center screen from monofilament line that was your gun site. Might be fun to have a group on here that was interested in that side of the sim. I know from seeing alot of the forum chat sessions and postings that the site is growing and that may be to much to take on, but if we dole out the workload to those interested in that aspect it could be done (I volunteer to help with this or anything else you guys need help with;senior program analyst, 44 years old with lots of computer, project and document skills)

Just some thoughts; love being on the site and flying with you guys.
          Mike N287WT

Sgt USMC 0311/8152 (Retired) 1991-2001 1/4, MCSF Co. Bangor, 2/3, 2002-2003 4th LAR
          Desert Storm, OIF I

"I run towards gun fire, not away from it"

Comment

Cool, someone to fly with.
            HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
            See my videos Here

Comment

Thanks Mike for your taking time here on forum to share your ideas. I think you have the inherent permission, blessing and thanks to arrange such adventures as you or a group of like minded pilots may deem worthy of your time and efforts. I apologize for my tardiness here in replying to your post. It's been busy server-side. If I can assist you administratively with implementing your ideas, please let me know how. I don't see myself actively participating in the planning or staging of events like you propose but my participation there is not that important. Please, yes, get some dogfighting going around here and see if other members are interested enough to join you. Publish your ideas and events on forum. Go for it.

DCS is popular, thanks in no small part to HawgDawg. My comment in my post # 4 was an effort to put back on the discussion table how our community views that particular combat flight sim platform and how our community's view on DCS does or does not affect our view on the much more FSX-like Prepar3D version 2 platform. I personally support both DCS participation now and P3Dv2 implementation and server support when P3Dv2 is released. If P3Dv2 server level support is NOT what the community's collective opinion is, I would like to know early in that planning process 'cause I envision a lot of work being necessary on my end to server support such an implementation. I don't serve any DCS sessions, nor do I currently play. HawgDawg does that just fine. DCS has my interest, definitely, but msFLIGHTS.net duties as they are now demand all the time I have to give.
              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

DCS aircraft are absolutely amazing. I've wound up spending a lot of time flying the P-51D around in free flight servers just doing cross countries and airshows.

Honestly, DCS seems a lot more friendly as a plug-in-and-go experience. Everybody sees the same terrain, the same weather, and even the aircraft they don't own, as the external models/sounds/weapons are all patched into the client. Even if I'm planning on buying DCS: F/A-18C and skipping the Mi-8, I'll still see players in their Mi-8's in online sessions. I like that. Really, I hope DCS delves into civilian aviation, along with getting a lot more scenery.

It's the reason why I couldn't fully invest into FSX. I love multiplay in flight sims but the fun is sharing experiences. I don't feel there's much of a point when people have wildly different looking environments and nearly everybody is in placeholder aircraft.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X