Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basler BT-67 (Official DC-3 Twin-Turbo Modification)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel as this plane is very good...AMAZING freeware. As if it should be entry level payware! It is by far, the best, and I stress BEST freeware aircraft.
    [B][SIZE=1] "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever
    walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by WheeledWeevil82 View Post
      Ok, I found the album and scanned the page.
      That is really neat. I hope someone can replicate that skin for you to use in FSX.

Comment

I have compiled a payload/fuel setup for the Basler BT-67 for use with FsPassengers. I noticed by Basler specifications that with a full compliment of 40 passengers, the fuel can only be loaded to about 50-60% before it hits its maximum take-off weight. To confirm this, Basler's specifications indicate that of the 1542 gallon fuel capacity, about 50% of that, or 772 gallons, is used for standard flight operations. Hopefully this does not discourage anyone from using the plane for the VA while using FsPassengers.

I am looking for a few volunteers who would be willing to use the Basler for VA runs, while running it through FsPassengers with my configurations. This would allow a small pool of people to check out its range/capacity and allow for tweaking the configuration before releasing it to our full msflights.net population.

Please contact me if you are interested in this beta test of sorts. -Thanks!

Comment

Basler BT-67 Cargo Set-up for FsPassengers‏

Below are the links for everyone to use. The .zip file has 3 documents including a JPG, INI, and PDF.

Hosting from Google Drive:
          Basler BT-67 for FsPassengers.zip

Hosting from TS3:
          Go to our TeamSpeak3 channel. Right click on the 'FSX / MSFlight Lobby'. Select 'Open File Browser'. Open the 'Basler BT-67 - FsPassengers' folder. Download the 'Basler BT-67 for FsPassengers.zip' file.

Here are the set-up instructions:

General Info
          Both files need to be placed in the %/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/fspassengers/Payload_model folder.

This model has been set up using the actual Basler BT-67 specifications as guidelines. The plane's empty load capacity is 15750 lbs., with a max take-off weight of 28750 lbs., giving 13000 lbs. of remaining cargo capacity to include passengers, fuel, and pilots.

By the specifications, a full passenger load of 40 plus 2 pilots, only allows for about a 50-60% fuel load.

The forward cargo capacity by spec is normally 650 lbs. front and 550 lbs. rear. Instead of limiting this model to these specifications, I allowed the cargo slider scale, at 9% fuel load, to accommodate for 11600 lbs. of cargo (plus the co/pilots and no passengers). This should allow people to run this plane with full cargo only instead of being a passenger transport plane.

In-Game Set-Up
          When in FSX, use the drop-down boxes at the top to go to the following area:
          FsPassengers/FsPassengers Flight/Start Flight - Load current Aircraft/OK

This will open the 'Load Aircraft - Normal Flight' window.
          Select 'flight & aircraft setting*' button on the bottom. This will open the 'Flight and Aircraft Setting' window.
          Find the 'Aircraft setting (Permanent)' section.
          Find the 'Disable payload weight and fuel update' setting and select 'Weight and fuel enabled' from the drop-down box.
          Next, find the 'Force selecting a payload model' setting and select 'Basler BT-67.ini' from the drop-down box.
          Find the 'Close' botton at the bottom and click it.

Summary
          If you do not want to be restricted by these specifications, you can either reconfigure the ini file using the fspassengers payload editor, OR, use the default DC3 ini when flying the Basler (less realistic).

Note: Special thanks to HawgDawg, Spartan and SplitHorse for beta-testing this for me.

Please let me know if you find any problems with this setup, so I can tweak it.
          Last edited by c0p0ut; April 5, 2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Check out HawgDawg's msFlights paint/skin for the Basler at the following link:

http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ghlight=basler

Comment

2009 Basler BT-67 On-Site Salvage in Antarctica:

Comment

Amazing plane, just one question: How do I activate the GPS?

Comment

Now I recall, though it depends what your exact question is. (If it's one of the following two, you're in luck! If not, sorry.)

If the GPS screens are off, and you want to turn them on:
                  1. Confirm your avionics switch is on. (Above right-hand main window, triangular panel, bottom left switch.)
                  2. Mouseover the "C" button on each GPS (that's just down from the top left-hand corner of the frame surrounding each screen) and RIGHT-CLICK it.
                  The screens should turn on and initialize.

If the screens are already on but you want a flight plan in the GPS to control the Autopilot:
                  1. Locate the bottom left button labeled "CDI" (Course deviation Indicator).
                  2. Confirm that above the CDI button on the screen is displayed "VLOC" in blue lettering. (VLOC stands for Vor/LOCalizer.)
                  3. Left-click the CDI button once and VLOC should change to "GPS" in green lettering.
                  Left-clicking the CDI button toggles between VLOC and GPS. This is similar to the main NAV/GPS switch found on other aircraft and specifies the source of the data that will drive the Autopilot.

Comment

Thanks so much storm! That seemed to fix it right up.

Comment

Fabulous Plane! I just flew the SKED from Hay River to Yellowknife :glee:

Does anyone know how to open all the doors. The CFG says there is 4 doors but I can only get the two main cargo doors to open.

Comment

Depending on which model/skin you are using, you should be able to use the SHIFT+E then 1, or SHIFT+E then 2, and again replacing with 3 and 4. I think the openings are single door, double door, cargo opening above door, and the ladder.
                        “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

One flight with this model and I was amazed. It lifted off very easily. It's so stable that I was able to follow c0p0ut for 100 miles to a landing with little adjustments to throttle and pitch, even through changing winds. Will definately give this bird the workout. It's a shame it can't keep up with Lazer's cargo flights.

Comment

It has been one of the best freeware planes out there for a long time now. It's great to hear it is still thoroughly being enjoyed. They did an amazing job with it.

Comment

I found another video. This one shows the start up, take-off and beginning flight actions from the cockpit. Neat to see the comparison to the FSX model.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X