Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spanish Aerodromes, helipads and more (free!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Aerodromes, helipads and more (free!)

Well, today my comment is about a big and great free scenery for FSX with detailed airports, helipads, etc. in Spain that are developed by a FS community (AirHispania).

Default FSX's scenery is too poor in Spain, with obsoletes airports, unreal or incorrect navaids, etc. that you can solved by editing your own scenery or using payware software but with the disadvantage that this software normally only covers major cities or major airports.

In this case, I propose you other solution with a quality freeware software that implement in your simulator a great list of airports, navaids, several objects and, more important, it have continuous updates with last changes by AENA (Spanish Aerial Administration) modified by expansion or construction of new airports (ex. new ILS, new terminal, new runways, new VOR, NDB, etc.)

This software you can install or uninstall, totally or partially, with a updated possibility and more.

What is?

It is developed by Airhispania for FSX (includes with SP2 and Acceleration pack), however you can see some little error or mistake in some textures that, normally, with updates are corrected.

It is no only airports, you can install several objects that help you to make VFR flights (usefully in real flights).

All addons are provided by auto install system and all files are located in the folder "...\Addon Scenery".

Airports position (runways, terminal, parkings, navaids, etc.) are fully used with actuals and actualized AENA charts. The default sceneries from FSX only is flyable with outdated and obsolete aeronautical charts (near end of 2005).

Ok, in airports case:

This addon include smaller airports, big airports, aerodromes, helipads, etc., with proper navaid actualized (ILS, VOR and NDB).

Compatibility with FSX with SP or acceleration pack, X Graphics, etc. with coverage in all Spain, Canary and Balearic Islands.

For add the airports, you need to download and install (in this order!, because the updated files should be the last to be installed):

Libraries. For objets placed in scenery.(click here to download)

Aerodromes. Airports, aerodromes, helipads, etc. (click here to download)

Update Aerodromes. Corrections and updated. (click here to download)

AENA Changes. last changes from Spanish Aerial Administration. (click here to download)

Aerodromes list (optional). Documentation in pdf format for know all airports includes in the installation. (click here to download)

Remember: after installation, you need to activate it in FSX scenery menu.

Other scenery objets:

Lighthouses. Placed in Spain. (click here to download)

Osborne Bulls. A icon in Spain and very usefull for locate roadways and position in VFR flights.
    A curiosity about this: Osborne bull is the only advertising allowed near roads in Spain and considered as "national interest". Other advertising near a highway, for security reasons, is prohibited in Spain. (click here to download).

Miscellaneous. To add múltiple objects in Spain like real buildings, oil rigs, boats, aircraft carrier (near Rota base), wind generators, dams, etc. (click here to download).

Remember: after installation, you need to activate it in FSX scenery menu.

Please, read carefully these notes:

No all airports have a very good resolution and perhaps you can see or locate mistakes like animals too big, or roadways disengaged by airports, but in my opinion, is better that don't to have none airport (missed in FSX default scenery) or undefined or obsoletes airports.

If you have installed other scenery, for example an airports from payware software, you can deleted or deactivated only the airports from freeware version and the rest can by useable. It's is easy, only you need locate the files "
    *.bgl " for this airport in the freeware version (in folder ...\Addon Scenery\AirHispania SCX Aerodromos\scenery) and renamed or deleted this file.

For easy use, all scenery from this software work like a packet and when you activate it in you FSX scenery menu, you see a packet completed, no one by one. If you delete or rename a specific "*.bgl" airport file, only this airport is deactivated, but the rest will remain activated.

In some cases (rare) you can see a conflicts with, for example, a NDB too near of a runway. In this case, you can wait a updated publication or deactivate this airport (see above).

If you like to expand the know, you can see all content in this web (in spanish and english)

---------------------------

If you think that this thread is interesting, please reply to help me to know it and to continue publishing these small contributions in msflights.net

Remember, please, my english is too poor. I don't speak english. For me, to make a note in english, represents hours of hard working by using translators in an attempt of to write them in the correct form and comprensible.
    Last edited by BHELTRA V; December 5, 2014, 10:16 PM. Reason: minor corrections/links
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="#0000FF"]I am responsible [B]for what I say[/B], but not for [B]what you can interpret[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]...
    [I][B][SIZE=1]Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri[/SIZE][SIZE=4]???[/SIZE][/B][/I]
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X