Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-6 Texan Package - Need Testers

Hi everyone! So some of you may already be familiar with the great freeware T-6 Texan by Warwick "Wozza" Carter. If you aren't, it's probably the best Texan available for FSX, payware or freeware. There are a few minor qualms I had with the original package, the sounds weren't very good and did not include any sounds for the cockpit switches or fuel pumps or anything, the textures were lacking, the display smoke was default and materialized from the back of the aircraft (instead of the exhaust where it should) and I thought the FDE was a bit off.

Luckily, people much more skilled and intelligent than myself have already fixed these issues! The only problem is they are hosted in different packages and on different websites, so it makes getting them and reinstalling them a real hassle. I originally put this package together for myself, but thought it was worth sharing as it's a wonderful aircraft and these improvements really do a lot to add to an already great package.

Here are a few screenshots:

EVERYTHING you need to know is in the included readme file, including how to start the aircraft. It also includes installation instructions and credits for all of the authors of the included files. This package is just to make sure I have all of my files included and in the right location, it does not include all of the liveries nor does it include the .cfg entries for the GPS and final display smoke, this will come next when I'm sure everything is in order. This is mostly just to reduce file size.

Everything should be working, you should have sounds for the engines and interior switches and fuel pump, all of the lights should work and it should fly beautifully. If it doesn't, please let me know so I can determine if it was a pre-existing problem or something that I did incorrectly. Thanks very much for your feedback and enjoy!

Quick start: Crack throttle, mags to both, select fuel tank, CTRL+E to start.

Link removed, will make a new thread when the full package is ready
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

My birthdays not till next week but thanks man! :P I'll definitely check it out, I love the T-6.
    When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.

Comment

No problem, Gimpy! Enjoy and have a Happy Birthday. Provided all goes well, I should have the full package up by then with all the liveries and extras in there.
      Steam Group:

Comment

Flown it a bunch. I love it. The sounds are EXACTLY LIKE the T-6s I've worked around and watched. Floats a bit, but it's a slow radial with a big wing so that's to be expected. There is some error with sounds but I can't remember what file it said was missing. But I LOVE this thing. I'll keep messing with it.
        When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.

Comment

Config File Not Found:
          C:\Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\CockpitSounds\CockpitSounds.ini
          Using Default:
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator
          X\GAUGES\DSD_FSX_XML_Sound.ini

^^^ That's the error it's giving me, but as long as I click "Ok" it lets me fly

Comment

I took it on a short hop from Kona to Maui. Nice little piece of freeware. I did get the same warning as above.

Comment

I was happy to see that the engine does quit (fuel starvation) if you fly it inverted, but I noticed this causes some sort of a failure in the engine. It won't run properly when you restart it, and even if you reset failures it still belches smoke. I solved that by dropping out and re-joining

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you are enjoying it. The error with the gauges I can fix but I'm afraid I won't be able to do much about the engine trouble after inverted flight as that would have been an issue with the original model and not something I modified. Luckily, that sounds like an issue that won't arise very often. Hopefully I can get that gauge error fixed and have the full package uploaded this week sometime. Thanks again!
                Steam Group:

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X