Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A2A; Win flight lessons & more! Cessna 172 enters beta!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2A; Win flight lessons & more! Cessna 172 enters beta!

A2A Simulations have announced an upcoming competition to promote their Cessna 172. Here are the details directly from their forums. I know a lot of you are fantastic writers, so Im hoping at least a few of us will enter the competition, if you do, be sure to post your submission here also!

We might be a little excited!

Those that follow the forums here, the A2A Facebook or my own or Michal P's Twitter accounts will know we are super excited. Even us die hard warbird fans in the team are surprised at just how excited we have become about the upcoming GA aircraft. With Redbird and AOPA pulling Accu-Sim technology into the core training of real aviation, we're working hard to complete a true fusion of real aviation and simulation. Couple this with the heavy flight testing schedules with two Cessna 172's and the A2A Comanche (with the inside joke being how well the Comanche is a real life simulation of our Accu-sim technology) we're simulating deeper and more precise than ever. Suffice to say we cannot wait to be able to share what we have been working on with everyone at release of the first in line the 172 Accu-sim trainer.

Beta Testing!
    We can now confirm that the 172 Accu-sim Trainer has recently entered Beta testing with the infamous A2A Simulations beta test team. The aircraft is being stress tested to the extreme by the team and made ready for general public consumption. During this time we will also be working with Redbird in parallel for the AOPA Jay with both projects complementing each other to provide customers of the AOPA Jay and our own FSX customers the best that they can get.

Competition time!
    To celebrate the A2A C172 being in Beta testing, A2A are not only gearing up for the new GA line of Accu-sim simulations but are also offering a lucky winner the chance to experience real life GA flying themselves from their local airport/airfield in a 172.

To enter all you need to do is to write a reply to this thread letting us know what Accu-sim means to you

1st Prize;
    - 1 hour instructed/logged flight in a 172 at your local airport/airfield
    - A2A Simulations C172 Accu-sim trainer upon release of the simulation
    - A2A Simulations Accu-sim warbird of winners choice

2nd Prize;
    - A2A Simulations Accu-sim warbird of winners choice

3rd Prize;

RULES;
    - The winner chooses the airport of his or her choice that has Cessna 172's available for rent (they must be reputable and approved by A2A Simulations)
    - A2A will take care of the rest

Winners will be chosen by the A2A Team on June the 15th 2013
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=34595
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Well I've just submitted this:
    To me, Accu-Sim takes FSX beyond a sim. It truly gives you a complete sense of immersion into your plane. You are no longer taking a piece of metal through the air, you are flying. From start-up to shut-off, Accu-sim brings the aircraft alive. You must pay close attention to every aspect of the plane, not just trim and go. You must maintain your aircraft as it wears over time, from flight to flight. Everything matters when you fly. When starting up your aircraft, you must watch your gauges for anything strange, and fix what you've done wrong. Accu-sim transforms your FSXperience.

Accu-sim is flying.
    Tell me what you think, and a big thanks to Bob for coining the term FSXperience

And, not to get cocky or anything, but should I win, what aircraft would you all recommend from A2A?

Comment

Nice job, good luck! If you do win, I highly recommend the B-17. Its just so big and awesome and fun to fly, and the small details they have added make it an experience instead of just a flight.
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
      Steam Group:
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
      YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

I'm glad to hear the Cessna shouldn't be too far off. FSX is severely overdue for a 172 that doesn't fly on rails. The only downside is that I'll probably have to ignore the grand majority of group flights that fly faster than this aircraft, because I wouldn't want to bother flying anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandanator View Post
          and a big thanks to Bob for coining the term FSXperience
          Hey Panda, best of luck on your submittal. It reads great.

Most of the relevant witty coinage of terms you may read around here are Wingmanisms. Wingman coined the term FSXperienced to refer to the talent and knowledge msFLIGHTS.net pilots have accumulated, particularly when used in conjunction with helping a less familiar pilot navigate our skies. I only gave these pearls of verbal wisdom legs. I did, however, coin the word "Winglet" to refer to those who do assist others 'round here, a noble and selfless custom at msFLIGHTS.net that was pioneered and encouraged by Wingman of which I am so very proud. That spirit of mutual aid and tutelage is part of what makes us who we are.

I also attempted to coin the word "ak-ism" but that one never got off the ground for no one could figure out what I was referring to. An ak-ism is some question or comment directly to the point using an economy of words. I never got the hang of ak-isms.
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X