Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3Dv3.4, Orbx, and uninstalling Win 10 update KB4038788 - NOW ALL WORKS

I uninstalled and "hid" a recent update associated with the Windows knowledge base index "KB4038788" today which remedied my P3Dv3.4 CTD after loading and upon attempt to render my spawn-in screen. Thanks to our old community member who goes by the gamertag of "Google" for the detailed explanation about who is adversely affected by KB4038788 and how to fix things (uninstall and hide).

My mostly virgin install of P3Dv4 was never affected by KB4038788. My P3Dv3.4, which I depend on to house my freeware aircraft and any custom sceneries necessary for group flights always crashed-to-desktop after full load-up when attempting to render the initial flight scenario with no discernible event log help. This P3Dv3.4 installation contains Orbx Global, about half of the available Orbx freeware sceneries, SimLink model matching AI aircraft and not much else. Very rarely, during the last 5 days with this P3Dv3 CTD problem, P3Dv3 with minimal Orbx add-ons would successfully render the initial scenario (flying) screen but only on about 5 per cent of the tries. When this P3Dv3.4 install did start, it worked just fine on that particular session but would not successfully load on subsequent reboot attempts.

Google referred me to posts of P3Dv4 which included scenery add-ons documentation of similar CTD problems but, as my P3Dv4 is a virgin install, no add-ons, I never experienced P3Dv4 problems.

Starting P3Dv3.4 with scenery add-ons in Windows 8 compatibility mode did NOT help my CTD problem.

I hope this may help someone, somehow.
    Respects, Bob ...
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X