Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manfred Jahn's New DC C-47 Skytrain on Beta...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manfred Jahn's New DC C-47 Skytrain on Beta...

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vinta...rk=51281#51281
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Also available in Storm's Hangar. Look in the Cargo props section. The existing C-47 v2 (modern cockpit) has been moved to a sub-folder. The new C-47 v3.12 beta (vintage cockpit) has its own sub-folder.

WHICH VERSION SHOULD I FLY?
    A non-exhaustive list, from my own first impressions, of some points to help you decide.

LOOKS
    Version 2 has a more modern looking cockpit and more modern instrumentation.
    Version 3.12 beta has a more vintage looking cockpit and more vintage instrumentation.

HANDLING
    Version 2 is smooth, gentle and easy to fly, if a little generic in feel. Like a small propliner.
    Version 3.12 beta feels more 'cranky' and individualistic. It's more demanding to fly, and more like a bush plane.
    Both are fun. Both require you to pay careful attention to correct operation!
    Note: I have not flown a C-47 in real life and cannot comment on how 'accurate' either version is.

SOUNDS
    Version 2 has a good selection of sounds.
    Version 3.12 beta has many extras including for the Wasp engines, full cockpit, crew comms and checklist.

LIVERIES
    Version 2 has many liveries available for it.
    Version 3.12 beta does not have many yet.
    "Repaints available for the V2 model will still work with this new V3 model although with some restrictions." - Jan Visser

MANUAL
    Version 2 has short modern manuals for sim model operation and for the modern Garmin units.
    Version 3.12 beta has an extensive vintage-style operations manual .

BUGS AND COMPLETENESS
    Version 2 is complete. You can expect it to be relatively bug-free.
    Version 3.12 beta is beta, meaning it's likely to be incomplete and there may be bugs.

DOWNLOAD
    Version 2 is a modest 27 Mbytes.
    Version 3.12 beta is a more demanding 181 Mbytes.
    These figures are for the zip files. The unzipped totals are larger.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just saw a notice about and was going to link it. The info here was much more informative. I plan on giving her a spin later tonight (... after I replace the 1930's ASI with a modern colorized one anda: ).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X