Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saitek Instrument Panel

It's a lovely add-on and you can do anything with it customization-wise.

These panels are made using sprites and XML that utilizes Microsoft's MSDN's Core Utility Kit Variables

I work in computer science but anyone in IT will tell you that there are a million different areas of IT.

What I want and what I know how to do only slightly cross paths
    What I know:
    • Programming in Java 6, 7, and 8
    • Database building
    • PHP
    • Game development
    • SQL
    • Minute knowledge of XML
    • Client-Server based protocols

What I want:
    • Knowledge of XML w/ MSDN
    • Ability to create XML files for FSX add-ons
    • Familiar with MSDN's Core Utilities Kit's Simulation Variables

Since I'm a Java developer the C based languages and protocols are not known to me. I want to make a new panel but I'm missing some knowledge. Does anyone want to assist me??
    [CENTER]
    [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0298.png[/img][/CENTER]

I am trying to find a way to display different instruments by aircraft type.
    Oz Flyer.
    David.
    VA Operations Manager.
    SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
    FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

One guy I've followed for gauges is Tom Tsui - FSXTimes. A while ago he posted how he builds his here: https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2013/...auge-creation/

Maybe that will help...

Oz, I had in the past created a little batch file that I run each time. This batch file would copy the correct profile to the one that the FIP's would see. (I have unfortunately lost them and will have to recreate them) For example I had the following FIP profiles set up: Baron58, Boeing 737, Cessna 172, Cessna 210, Default... then by running the batch file it would switch out the files to display the gauges I wanted, in the order I wanted. Hopefully that gives you an idea. Start with the default profile and go from there. When I rebuild them I can post examples, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Edit: The file is SaiFlightSimX.dll... copy that as a "default" one, then edit it for each plane pointing to the gauges you want. I want to say AVSIM had a bunch of gauges, and there are other places online with them.
      Last edited by Waterman981; March 30, 2015, 04:35 AM.
      - Michael
      Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X