Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIMCOM Beta testers wanted please.

Those that know me will know that I have been looking for a way to change channels in TS3 when I tuned my aircraft Radio enabling me to fly in fullscreen mode and not have to open TS3 everytime I needed to contact the next controller.
    I came close a few times with plugins that used the whisper feature but in the end I couldn't find what I was looking for.

So I decided to try and create my own plugin but the problem was I'm about as good at writting code as a brick is at swimming.

With help from the Teamspeak forums I put together some code (mostly that they supplied TBH) that would enable me to switch channels when certain rules were met.
    I then popped over to FSDeveloper and found a very helpful Gentleman called Doug who let me use code he had created.

I was then left to merge the 2 pieces of code together to create my monster, which a monster I did create and my plugin didn't work. :uncomfortableness:

Doug then looked over my code, made a few changes and suggestions and VOILA, she lives, my plugin works.:emmersed:

So I'm putting my Beta version of SIMCOM (the Plugin) on here FIRST at MSFlights.net for everybody to poke around it and tell me what it does and doesn't do before I release the first version.

You will (at the moment) need the 32bit of TS3 in which to run it, but the 32bit will run happily alongside the 64bit Teamspeak if thats what you have installed and would like to try it.

So to recap.
    This plugin will move channels in Teamspeak automatically when you change frequencies in your flight sim.
    This means you will no longer have to view TS3 in order to switch to the Unicom or the next controller on route and can stay fully focused on your flight sim.
    This should work with FSX Boxed, FSX Steam and P3D so please try it if you have any of them as I have only tested it on the Steam version.

The zip package can be Downloaded here and includes full instructions for you to have a look and tell me what you think.

Please do let me know how it works for you here in this forum thread.

I would like to know.........

Which Sim you tried it with FSX Boxed, FSX Steam or P3D?

If there is anything you would like changing?

Did you get any errors?

ATC_Roo

Last edited by ATC_ROO; February 19, 2015, 06:30 PM. Reason: Added a video
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Version 0.9 Beta is now the latest and available from the link above.

Comment

SIMCOM (32bit) is now released for all to use.

Enjoy.

Download here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X