•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carenado distributing Alabeo Software

From the description of the video itself
    -

Carenado announces it has reached a distribution agreement with its brother company Alabeo, which means that from today Carenado starts the distribution of Alabeo products at www.carenado.com. This agreement considers all the already released Alabeo products and all the incoming ones.

-

The quality level for these two developers is about the same, perhaps they'll eventually just pool their teams someday.

Might as well... brother company has always been an understatement, from my perspective, anyway. The aircraft from one company look and behave so similarly to that of the other, I don't even know why they bothered splitting up in the first place.

Does anyone know the story or intent behind that split into Carenado & Alabeo?
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

From what I understand, Carenado is basically acting as a publisher to Alabeo. The Alabeo team do nothing but develop the aircraft; the storefront, website, marketing, basically all of the administrative stuff is still done by Carenado. I don't think there was ever a split, just the creation of Alabeo, because all the articles I have read on it mention them being a separate team altogether as oppose to staff leaving Carenado to start Alabeo.

But who knows, none of this makes much sense to me, so long as Alabeo keeps doing what they are doing I'll be happy. Carenado on the other hand, I haven't been excited by their aircraft in some time now. Maybe soon they'll learn how to optimize their aircraft for performance, but until then their products arent much more than eye candy to me.
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
      Steam Group:
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
      YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

I was wondering what speed they had to be doing to get all the aircraft into a formation... some interesting observations:

0:18 = Cirrus glass cockpit indicates 169 kias at 14,500

They're east-bound; shouldn't they be at 13,500 or 15,500?

0:45 = Cessna 195 Airspeed Indicator shows way past VNE (225 versus 195 Vne); I can't be sure if it's kias or mph(ias), but it's over Vne, either way.

I hope they have oxygen in all those planes at 14,500.
        (Hmmm, the Code of Federal Regulations part 91.221 seems to be different than what I remember... Now oxygen is mandatory for crew only at or above 14,000, and all crew and pax at or above 15,000. When did that change?)
        Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

So why would I go buy the Alabeo planes from Carenado now, where I get 3 downloads before I'm "cut off", versus somewhere like the FlightSimStore which will sell the same product (although both will have different sales), but give me 100 downloads of the product.

I just felt burned recently when I had to deal with the hassle of redownloading my Carenado planes after my server crashed and I lost my local copies. (The new server is now backed up to a cloud backup company.)
          - Michael
          Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
            So why would I go buy the Alabeo planes from Carenado now, where I get 3 downloads before I'm "cut off", versus somewhere like the FlightSimStore which will sell the same product (although both will have different sales), but give me 100 downloads of the product.
            Hi Waterman,

yes, better to have more than these three, but a short email to Carenado Support and they give you the next three, and the next and so on.... I had it already and its no problem... But you're right, more would have been better in case you need a download directly.

Cheers, Stephan
            Happy landings,
            Düsselwings / Stephan

i7 4790K @ 4,5Ghz - Asus VII Hero - 16GB Corsair Venegance - GTX 780 OC - 27"Dell UHD, 27" Samsung HD - Saitek Homecockpit - 100% ORBX :love_heart:

Comment

That's good to know they are willing to do that.

Thanks!
              - Michael
              Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X