Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper Tuesdays - week 4 - Japanese Tour #1

Join me for the start of a relaxed series of flights around Japan. Each week we'll start where we left of the previous week. For this first week, we'll start in Tokyo. Very often we'll have temporary stops at places other than airports or heliports; that will ensure the legs are not too long and we can keep our airspeed down.

Flight plans: https://is.gd/StormsFlightPlans (both .PLN and .FMS files available).
    Or look at the end of our Discord channel #group-flight-info on the day of the flight.

Start 1st stop 2nd stop 3rd stop Last stop
    RJTT YAMAN RJT2 RJNH RJGG
    Tokyo, Haneda Yamanakako Miho Hamamatsu Nagoya, Chubu Centrair
    Land by the lake on clear ground If you can, land on the beach east of the airport position. If not, land in the small park to the west. 3 helipads available in XP11 2 helipads available in FSX
    Red text indicates special waypoint/airport codes that may not be in your GPS/FMC database.

Cruise: 100 knots-ish indicated, altitude at pilot's discretion, up to 5,000 ft asl max.

Aircraft: Rotorcraft only (see FAQ).

Scenery: Default is OK.

Server: SimLink server: 101.165.150.139 (AU) or 108.202.88.158 (US)

Simulators: All welcome: FS9, FSX boxed, FSX Steam edition, Prepar3D, X-Plane.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Are these flights for rotorcraft only?
    Yes. No fixed wing aircraft please.

I sometimes like to fly weird stuff. What exactly are you calling a rotorcraft?
    1. It must have one or more rotors that generate lift (so no Jet Packs!).
    2. It must be capable of hovering in place, as well as controlled vertical take-off and landing (so no autogyros).
    Other than that, anything is OK. So in addition to helicopters, you can bring (for example) your Rotodynes and Verticopters.

Why are you flying in SimLink not JoinFS?
    To give people the widest choice of simulators in which to fly. And there's another reason...

I'm really new/inexperienced with rotocraft and concerned I'll make a fool of myself.
    No problem. These flights are to have fun. We all start somewhere and you'll find people are supportive. And we're flying in SimLink, which helps disguise many mistakes (for all of us)!

Will we always be landing at airports?
    Sometimes, yes, but not always. Sometimes we'll land at heliports or on helipads. But sometimes we may land on a beach or a lake (with advance warning, of course, so we fly with floats!).

Will we always fly direct between stops?
    No. Very often we will follow natural features such as valleys, rivers and shorelines.

Will we fly the same speed each week?
    Probably not. You may need to change your rotorcraft week to week.

Will we always start one week where we left off the previous week?
    Sometimes, yes. Some flights will be "tours" and be part of a series. But others will be one-off flights.

Will you be subjecting us to trivia and trivia questions?
    No! Not on these flights. :eagerness:

Reminder! Bring your 100kt chopper to RJTT at 9pm this evening for the start of our Japanese tour. Download the flight plan for this one. See you there.

Comment

Some pics of the flight in Fsx Steam default scenery. http://imgbox.com/g/Us5oam36HM

Comment

Here are the few in Xplane 11 that i took before we changed to JoinFs. http://imgbox.com/g/1sCsFlC3k2

Comment

Mount Fuji viewed from the east end of Lake Yamanaka at Yamanakako Exchange Plaza "Kirara". (From my Bell 429 in X-Plane 11.)

Comment

good times

mike404

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X