Sister City Flights - week 11 - Cardiff (Wales) - via Snowdon and the Mach Loop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister City Flights - week 11 - Cardiff (Wales) - via Snowdon and the Mach Loop

Join me, in any aircraft, for a brisk 155 kts flight through Wales, starting in Anglesey, stopping by the Mach Loop and ending in Cardiff.

Cardiff became the first sister city of Nantes in 1964.

Start Waypoints 1st stop 2nd stop Last stop
    EGOQ wpt01 thru wpt14 EGCW EGFA EGFF
    RAF Mona, Anglesey Blaenau Ffestiniog & Mach Loop Welshpool Aberporth Cardiff
    Flight plans: https://is.gd/StormsFlightPlans (both .PLN and .FMS files available)
    If these become unavailable please look at the end of our Discord channel #group-flight-info on the day of the flight.
    Pilots should be aware that the Mach Loop waypoints are sparse and only approximate. There are many more twists and turns available. Flying that part of the flight on autopilot is not recommended.

Cruise: 155 knots indicated, altitude at pilot's discretion at or below 3,000 ft a.s.l.

Aircraft: Any that can maintain 155 kts and land/take-off in 3,000 ft.
    Any fixed wing or fast rotorcraft is good.

WEATHER: Low cloud base is forecast. Please set your sim to FAIR WEATHER.

Scenery: Default is OK.
    ‣ FSX: No freeware ORBX scenery for Wales or Welsh airports is available. Payware ORBX scenery for Wales and EGCW is available.
    ‣ XP11: All airports are already fully detailed in 3D by default.

Server: SimLink AU server: 101.165.150.139

Simulators: All welcome: FS9, FSX boxed, FSX Steam edition, Prepar3D, X-Plane.

Reminder (and trivia questions!)! Join us in ANY aircraft that can maintain 155 kts and takeoff/land in 3000 ft. Depart EGOQ at 9pm eastern. Set FAIR WEATHER as forecast cloud base looks low for much of the flight. We will still assume a 5 kt southerly/southwesterly breeze for choosing runways.

Awfully hard™ trivia questions:
    1. We pass the town with the longest single-word place name in Europe. Who's brave enough to say it for the amusement of their fellow pilots?
    2. Why is it called The Mach Loop?
    3. Which two pieces of clothing have got something to do with our flight tonight (specifically the second leg)?
    4. Where, in relation to Cardiff city center, are the Cardiff Rift and Gallifrey?

Answers during the flight only please (not below!).

Comment

Here are some pics of another great flight. http://imgbox.com/g/OzypaKYLoF

Comment

A few shots from tonight!

Happy landings,
        Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

pictures from the mach loop as i was camping there as you flew over although something went wrong with my substitutions as i saw you all as fast movers. Remember to use the right codes in simlink next time gents lol .

sigpic

Comment

And smoke off next time fellas (because frame rates). Sorry about the codes: this is what we looked like, honest...

Comment

Disappointed that I missed a flight so close to home.
              Holidays come first though
              If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X