Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Harvey monitoring

I'm stuck home with a nasty cold and without a desire to do much besides sit around. Might as well be productive.

Hurricane Harvey is expected to make landfall towards the southern tip of TX around midnight local time (0500z). Forecasts calls for it to carry Category III winds, storm surge and rainfall. Making Harvey unique is the presence of two strong high pressure areas over Colorado and Missouri. These will prevent Harvey from moving a lot over the weekend. Harvey is expected to move slowly NE along the TX over the next FIVE days. They're going to get a lot of rain. When a situation similar to this occurred over the Yucatan Peninsula scores upon scores of people lost their lives and homes from flooding and mudslides.

Plan: I think I am going to create a race track course along the coast and follow the storm as it develops. Monitoring will be suspended between 20:00 and 22:00 local (0100z and 0300z) for participation in other group flight.

Aircraft and additional software: I will likely use the C-130 and will of course be using Active Sky.

Simlink will be the preferred connection method. All are welcome to come along and see what there is to see in flight sims of mother nature's beauty, horror, and power.

Looks good so far

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X