Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short notice, short haul, ILS

Kalo’s recent flights have gotten me more interested in airliners than I typically am. I steered away from them very early on. My current interest is mainly because the work of getting the approaches right takes practice. That combined with the Captain Sim’s L-1011 being fun to learn without being a “study level” aircraft is something I am finding interesting.

Tonight I plan on working on landings in the L-1011. I thought perhaps some company would be nice. This is rather an impromptu effort. The idea is think ILS and have a bit of fun with it.

I’ve started planning a route that doesn’t spend a great deal of time at cruise and has several places to land.

Departing: Richmond, VA, USA (KRIC)

Cruise Speed: Dependent on everyone's A/C choice. Plan for ~260 knots indicated @ FL180.

Aircraft: ANY aircraft that can match this speed/altitude.

Weather: Real world surface weather this evening along our entire route is expected to have 8-10 knot winds from the south and 6 miles visibility.

Flight Plan: KRIC, KIAD, KPHL, KJFK [ SkyVector Link ]

departing 16 at KRIC
    arrivals with be to the south

Server: SimLink

Aircraft portrayal: Please use a Type Code for a similar aircraft to what you are flying (particularly if your landing gear is fixed, select a fixed gear aircraft). Check those aircraft codes here.

[Original text by Kalo]

Last edited by Karl; September 17, 2016, 06:34 PM.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X