Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[POSTPONED] Flyingaces Friday Night Poker Run I - Fraser Valley & Part of Vancouver Island

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [POSTPONED] Flyingaces Friday Night Poker Run I - Fraser Valley & Part of Vancouver Island

THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED.
    The event host needed to reinstall after system crash.
    PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH FOR THE NEW DATE.

INTRODUCTION
    This is a new group flight with an added twist! It will incorporate the same high-level of detail in planning, as well as the same beautiful scenery as in my inaugural group flight (Vancouver Island Tour) that took place on July the 3rd 2016. The added twist is that it includes a POKER RUN!

As the name suggests, it is a poker game/contest that many real-life pilots are quite familiar with and have had the pleasure of participating in. It is both fun and rewarding. The idea is to build the best poker hand just like the real game. At the destination airport, the pilot with the best hand wins.

Depending on the number of participating pilots, one of two poker styles will be used in this contest. If 8 participants or less, 5-card draw poker will be used, which is the typical style used in real-life Poker runs. Otherwise, Texas Hold’em will be the style of play. (Please refer to the PDF file below for full details)

For now, this group flight will be a bi-weekly event until such time it gains popularity within the community. At that point, I will change it to weekly.

This contest is for fun only and winners will get all the bragging rights!

FLIGHT START TIME 0200Z (10:00 pm EST / 7:00 pm PST). It is strongly recommended that you be online 15 to 20 minutes earlier.
    FLIGHT DURATION Approximately 3.5 hours
    TIME SYNC Set your Sim time to 5:00 pm local Time.
    SERVER SimLink
    FLIGHT LEAD FlyingAce in the Beech Turbine Duke VH-AFX.
    PRE-REQUISITE It is CRITICALLY IMPORTANT that each pilot familiarizes him/herself with the contest rules by downloading the PDF file entitled "Poker Run I - 20160812.pdf". This file can be downloaded here >>
    The above PDF file includes pertinent details such as:
    • Contest rules for both poker styles
    • Route details for both poker styles
    • Route maps
    • Segment altitudes for both poker styles
    • Airport diagrams, elevation, runways, runway lengths and circuit patterns
    • Recommended aircraft
    • Where to download airport scenery

DEPARTURE AIRPORT Pitt Meadows Airport (CYPK) - official website
    DESTINATION AIRPORT It depends on the poker style played. (see PDF file)
    # OF ENROUTE AIRPORTS It depends on the poker style played. (see PDF file)
    FLIGHT PLAN The .pln files for both poker styles can be downloaded here >>
    ROUTE MAPS For a map view of the 5-Card Draw flight on SkyVector, click here
    For a map view of the Texas Hold'Em flight on SkyVector, click here
    FLIGHT RULES VFR
    WEATHER ActiveSkyNext in historic mode set to "TIME SYNC" above. However, if this setting does not allow suitable VFR conditions for the segment altitudes, then use manual weather mode to set for suitable VFR weather for this flight.
    CRUISE SPEED 160 to 180 Kts
    RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT Beech Turbine Duke or any aircraft capable of above speeds
    AIRPORT SCENERY FREE airport scenery for both FSX and P3D for 3 of the airports used in this flight can be downloaded here >>
    Last edited by FlyingAce; July 26, 2016, 12:28 AM.

FlyingAce has been attempting coordination with your community staff on the presentation, organization and logistics of this poker run-style event. It would help this flight lead if, in some way, we pilots could indicate our interest in this style event for purposes of a head count which will influence the type of poker hand to be dealt (draw or Texas hold-um) and the length of this group flight's legs.

Several of the regulars and staff have attended FlyingAce's group flight and we are in agreement that his flights are very well documented, meticulously planned, focused on interests of participating pilots and very well executed.

I personally will attend the several poker runs FlyingAce has proposed.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Maybe postponed but we still got some nice pictures.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X