Around the World lap 4, Episode 34: "LOST AND MYSTERIOUS" - Michigan 1927/2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World lap 4, Episode 34: "LOST AND MYSTERIOUS" - Michigan 1927/2016

Gentlemen, fellow members of Parchment Flyers: a strange thing has happened. I know you’re still recovering from collecting your new Trimotors from Ford's Dearborn field the other day. We certainly attracted quite a crowd, didn’t we!

But after we landed back home at Kalamazoo and I did my customary post-flight walk-round, I found an inexplicable object tucked away in the fuselage. I’m not quite sure what to make of it. It looks like it’s made from some newfangled material and I’m pretty sure someone lost it. I’ve tried to make out what’s written on it, but it’s rather scuffed, and all I can manage is, “If found, please return to Ludington, year 2016” - which makes no sense to me.

But I’m all for flying there next Thursday evening, taking this rather singular item with me, and seeing what happens. After all, what’s the worst that could happen? I could be catapulted 90 years into the future?!

Who’s with me? Volunteers assemble at the KVP community house one hour before departure and I’ll buy you dinner before we depart in our Trimotors. Here’s the menu; I don't think it's changed in five years.

From Triple H, let’s head for Tulip City, then Muskegon, Double Jj, and finally Ludington. Even if we don’t find out what to do with our cargo, it will make a pleasant evening’s flying by the lake shores.

Aircraft: Ford Trimotors, only! Get yours from Storm’s Hangar, Vintage aircraft section
    SimLink type code: 4AT

Route: 2H4>KBIV>KMKG>42N>KLDM (flight plan for your convenience)
    Cruise speed: 105-110 mph
    Cruise altitude: 2000-2500 feet

Recommended cruise settings: Throttle 80%, RPM 1780, Mixture 60%, Trim -0.6°.
    Recommended final approach speed (over the threshold): 60 mph.

Navigational aids en route: Holland 233 Khz, Muskegon 219 KHz, Ludington 314 KHz.

See you there!

Storm is hosting this event for Lazer for one week only.

Update: Set your weather to fair for tonight. We start from Henry H. Hoffa's Triple H field. Bring your Trimotor (code 4AT). And join me for a plate dinner at the Kalamazoo Vegetable Parchment Company Community House before we fly. Here's your choice:

Comment

Here are some Pics of another great flight by Storm. http://imgbox.com/g/OURTFc9uay

Comment

http://imgbox.com/g/9BF3b3TDwy

Loved it!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X