• Show
Clear All

• Airliners around the world leg 2

Departing: LFPG @ 9:00pm EDT RW) 9L
    Cruise speed: 290kts indicated airspeed @ 31k
    Aircraft: Any jet that can keep up
    Flight Plan: LFPG > LFML
    ILS RW)14L 110.30
    Aircraft Portrayal: In SimLink Please portray yourself as a similar aircraft to what you are flying

Server: Simlink

PLEASE USE THIS FLIGHT PLAN - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...75039196199266

If you have any questions I am "paarthunax" on discord

Extras:
    We track south from Paris to the cosmopolitan coastal city of Marseilles nestled on the French
    Mediterranean coast. The city is the largest community in France after Paris. Evidence points to the
    city being populated some 30,000 years ago. However, the rise in prominence of the city is genuinely
    attributed to the Roman occupation which saw massive expansion take place. Unfortunately,
    Marseilles, being the major port of France, was decimated by the bubonic plague after plague
    carrying rats arrived at the port aboard trading vessels. Over half of the population of the city were
    wiped out rapidly. The indomitable spirit of the Marseilles French shone through and the city quickly
    rebuilt.
    The flight should prove relaxing, highlighting some of the finest scenery in France, ahead of the
    much more challenging leg ahead!

Edited by Storm (2016-06-17 5:35pm) to use eastern time.
    Last edited by paarthunax; June 17, 2016, 04:46 PM.

You realize you've scheduled this for early morning, right?

Comment

How? I said 6:00 PM
      Pacific

Comment

well..3 PM pacific

Comment

What you say in your text and what you post on the calendar are two different things. At the time of posting, my comment was correct. I'm guessing some kind admin adjusted the calendar for you, though I wanted you to adjust it yourself to see how to do it.

The text and the calendar are still not quite in line though. Your event and subsequent comment suggest a 6pm departure. You are going to get people turning up 30 minutes late because your calendar entry now says a 6:30pm start. You need to make a change to one or the other.

By the way - and this is important - never put Pacific time. We don't care about Pacific time. The community standard is US eastern time, even if you're in Australia. AND your opening post is still wrong as you undoubtedly mean PDT not PST. Always use eastern: EST in winter, EDT is summer, but just writing "eastern" always works. Just add three hours to your personal clock time.

And thank you for widening the choice of aircraft. You are more likely to get more people taking part than if you limit it to B737-800s.

Comment

If you change the event day and time, or any event details, you should also: (1) add a reply to that effect at the end of the thread to alert people of the change in the opening post, and (2) check the opening post content (date and time especially in this case) is consistent with the new schedule.

Comment

Photo taken by one of the cleaning staff. (Shut down at Marseille, with crew and pax already deplaned.)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X