Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May the Fourth be with you ... Star Wars tour/ Death Star trench run- 9pm eastern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May the Fourth be with you ... Star Wars tour/ Death Star trench run- 9pm eastern

Hi star pilots! Looks like May the fourth is quickly approaching, so lets assault the Death Star!

I've created some "Battle of Yavin" scenery, and in conjunction with a wonderful flight plan which was supplied by our friend Novawing, and a few special Starships that our friend Storm is working on just for this flight (we all know what a golden touch Storm has when it comes to retooling and fine tuning FSX aircraft!).

Filming locations that we will visit include: Hoth, Alderaan, Mustafar, Naboo, the Battle of Yavin and more!

This flight will take place in SimLink. See here for details:

SCENERY and FLIGHT PLan files:

We have a lot of distance to cover, so we will be flying Starships that can maintain up to 2,500 KIAS. (See Storm's reply below for details on these amazing ships.)
    http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post24074

Hope to see everyone there! And may the fourth be with you!

Happy landings,
    Lazer

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Last edited by Lazerbolt; May 3, 2016, 11:05 AM.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Rocky Mountain Simulations are pleased to announce the release of the Incom T-65 X-Wing and the Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-wing in time for our Star Wars May The 4th Be With You celebrations.

You can download them from Storm's Hangar: http://tinyurl.com/storms-hangar looking in the Spacecraft section. The download contains both the X-wing and the Y-wing, and you should install them at the same time, following the PDF installation manual.

Here at RMS we've done a considerable amount of tweaking and testing. There are separate User Guides for each vessel. Have a try at piloting them both. Then make a choice for our May The 4th flights (or fly them both on different legs).

Here's a quick comparison of the X-wing and Y-wing.

X-wing Y-wing
    Type Fighter Fighter-bomber
    FSX Model Good Excellent
    Flight performance Comprehensive Straightforward
    Maneuverability Excellent Good
    Cockpit visibility Very good Superb
    Fast turn rate (no black-out) 180°/2 seconds (also Immelmann capable) 120°/2 seconds
    Armament 2 Krupx MG7-T proton torpedo launchers 2 Krupx MG7-T proton torpedo launchers
    Maximum speeds Mach 4.65 (above 40,000 ft), 3,000 knots IAS (at sea-level), 2667 knots ground speed (all altitudes) Mach 4.65 (above 40,000 ft), 3,000 knots IAS (at sea-level), 2667 knots ground speed (all altitudes)
    Minimum low-level maneuver speed 60 knots maintaining over-the-nose visibility 125 knots (lower speed has tail-strike risk)
    Maximum altitude 18,939 miles 18,939 miles
    Spaceflight capable Yes above 100,000 ft Yes above 100,000 ft
    Hover capable Yes Yes
    Hyperdrive button Yes No
    Astromech droid Yes Yes
    Automated processes Some None
    FSX boxed capable Yes Yes
    FSX Steam capable Yes Yes
    Pilot's manual/user guide (PDF) Yes, 13 pages Yes, 9 pages
    P3D capable Yes with removal of the hover camera Yes with removal of the hover camera
    Preparation time by Rocky Mountain Simulation 3½ weeks 1 week
    The download contains a space.vmr Model Matching file. This supersedes any existing space.vmr you have. Codes are XWIN and YWIN (in addition to FALC that you will have already).

Note to Beta Testers: The X-wing contains changes to the switch panel and the left-dash annunciators not in the last beta you have. Please install afresh. And thank you for your testing!
    Last edited by Storm; May 1, 2016, 03:53 PM. Reason: Visibility and minimum speeds added

Comment

The X-wing has a small upgrade from v1 to v1.1. You can either download the whole thing or just a small upgrade pack. Both are here; look in the Spacecraft section. Or you can ignore the upgrade!

There are three new files for the X-wing's panel folder: X-wing2.cab, panel.cfg and panel.p3d. Additionally I've updated the X-wing's User Guide.

The upgrade is to the X-wing's ASI. It now includes a red and white "Maximum Available Speed" bug (in addition to the yellow auto-throttle bug, red needle, and digital readouts). This shows you the maximum speed you can achieve in your current flight mode (i.e. repulsorlift angle = flap setting) and at your current altitude (up to an altitude of 50,000 ft, after which it's inaccurate). See the screen shot.

Auto-throttle engaged and set for 400 knots.
      Flight mode NORMAL 4. Altitude 15,000 ft.
      Maximum available speed in that configuration = 444 knots.
      (BOOST mode would be 625 knots; SPACE mode 2391 knots off-scale.)

The speed indicated by the bug varies automatically in two ways:
      • in steps with change of flight mode
      • gradually with change of altitude.
      It shows you whether you need to increase (or decrease) your flight mode for your desired speed and altitude. It also acts as a reminder not to set your auto-throttle speed setting too high; the yellow bug (which you can set) should always be at a slower speed than the red and white bug (which you can't) while you're using auto-throttle.

These red and white bug speeds are not flap safety speeds as there are no flap limiting speeds on the X-wing. Rather, the flaps act as speed brakes, as well as increasing lift and altering the nose angle, and deliberately limit the speed to allow the X-wing to be flown in the most controllable way.

Comment

And we have a repaint! Novawing24 has given us a more battle-worn X-wing RED 5, to complement the original pristine RED 3. This is included as version v1_2. Please either:
        • download the entire new package and replace what you had completely (cleaner and simpler but longer to download), OR
        • add one or both the incremental upgrade packages onto your previous download, noting that there's a new thumbnail for the existing texture so merge it in (more complicated).

There's also a new space.vmr model matching file that uses the new repaint. Replace your old space.vmr with this one and update vpilot as normal.

Please download as before from here, looking in the Spacecraft section.

The repaint looks like this:

Thank you, Nova! :eagerness:

Comment

A few screen shots of what you can do with these ships. Standard installation; TacPack NOT required!

Y-wing, final approach to Earth, altitude = 18,000 miles

Y-wing, bombing run with proton torpedoes

Y-wing, surveying the result

X-wing, strafing run with proton torpedoes

X-wing, surveying the result

X-wing flyover - heads down!

Download and install yours early, and learn how to fly them.

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

Comment

Some photos of testing storms amazing aircraft!

[IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
            [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
            [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

The post has been updated to include the Scenery files, Deathstar Textures and flightplan for Wednesday's Star Wars Day flight! Please grab these and follow the simple installation instructions.

Also a reminder: My 24 hour Star Wars day live stream of the Star Wars Saga begins Weds. morning @ 3AM eastern! A link to the stream is found here:
              https://www.watch2gether.com/rooms/t...5u5l3ycc4yjdpv

Stop in for a while and enjoy the streaming Star Wars goodness. Make sure to leave a "watchtogether" chat message! I will also create a Teamspeak channel that I will be manning most of the day!

Hope to see everyone there!
              Last edited by Lazerbolt; May 3, 2016, 11:46 AM.
              Happy landings,
              Lazer

Comment

Wedge Antilles, Red 2, en route the Death Star.

Flying the trench as a wingman.

Escaping the Death Star just prior to it disappearing.

A new morning.

Back in the temple hangar on Yavin IV (and something resembling Mt. Etna in the distance).

Comment

Here are pictures of an awesome flight ,Star Wars Style . Special thanks to Lazerbolt, Storm and Novawing for this great undertaking of this flight .

http://imgbox.com/g/qhs5JEuYi5

Comment

A big thanks to everyone who joined our Star Wars Day celebration, the Force was strong with this one!

A chain reaction which was created after a direct hit on the small thermal exhaust port, just below the main port. Time to head home!
                    Last edited by Lazerbolt; May 6, 2016, 04:50 AM.
                    Happy landings,
                    Lazer

Comment

I got to fly with Lazer and Storm last night.....

Greetings from Dale
                      Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Dear People at Flights.Net

I have just joined your sight and was very interested in the addon for FSX the May the Fourth be with you ... Star Wars tour/ Death Star trench run- 9pm eastern

I have been able to download the scenery and flight plans for this addon but I cannot seem to be able to download the X Wing and Y Wing from storms Hangar as I keep getting
                        an error message. when I follow the link to storms'hangar in cloud. I thought at first it was because I had not registered in which case I went ahead to register but I still get the error message
                        Error( User not authorised 400057) and there's nothing here yet on storm's hangar in Cloud
                        Can you please advise.

Gary Kidman

Comment

Hi Gary, and welcome to MsFlights.

Unfortunately, Storm is no longer a part of our community and has removed access to his hanger. However, you can still download the original X wing from the link below. It doesn't have all of the tweeks and improvements that Storm added, but is still very nice.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...m-t-65-x-wing/

Happy landings,
                          Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive:
                          https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsFIlxhwmWg9gXDknswc2wPvdr1p
                          Happy landings,
                          Lazer

Comment

Thank you Lazer very much for your quick response to my query and providing me with the link to download the X Wing very much appreciated.

Regards Gary.

Comment

Here is a picture I took a couple of days ago I call "The Original X-Wing".

"Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X