Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World lap 4 --- Episode 20: China Awakens --- 2016 Hong Kong Disneyland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World lap 4 --- Episode 20: China Awakens --- 2016 Hong Kong Disneyland

Hi pilots! Looks like its time for another adventure back in Time!

Tonight's mission:

Thursday night we will be re-visiting the Hong Kong Disneyland in order to give it a heavy Star Wars makeover in time for this summer.

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Ishigaki Japan Departure (ROIG)
    Taichung Aerodrome Taiwan (RCLG)
    Shang Yi Taiwan (RCBS)
    Hong Kong (old) intl China (VHHX)

A flightplan .PLN file for this flight can be found here:
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

This flight will take place in SimLink. See here for details: http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...nk-Quick-start

AIRCRAFT
    The preferred aircraft is the C-130 Hercules. Alternatives include the C-97 Stratofreighter, the Antonov An-12 and An-32, the Howard 500 and the Boxcar - or any cargo prop that can do 250 kts at 20,000 ft.
    No Jets.

Recommended SimLink type codes when you connect using vPilot:
    If you're flying Enter the Type Code
    C-130 C130
    An-12 AN12
    C-97 C97
    An-32 AN32
    C-119 (Boxcar) C119
    L-188 (Electra) DC4
    Howard 500 DC3
    Ensure you have the latest model matching files installed.

-------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

For those who don't have or don't want to fly the C-130, Storm was kind enough to document which are the best planes for these "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.

• C-97 Stratofreighter Popular, quality freeware that comes with an installer (v2) available here, or without an installer (v3) but with extra models and separate optional extra mods and liveries here (look in the Cargo props section).
    • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly. Download it here (look in the Cargo props section).
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights. Download with an installer here.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates. Download it here (look in the Cargo props section).
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly. Download it here (look in the Cargo props section).
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Happy landings,
    Lazer

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

For the ones who want to join this event; here is a quick warning;

I downloaded the Antonov AN-32 from the link above and wanted to practice first the step of the flight. But while landing, I realized that its landing gear doesn't work properly and go down. Maybe it didn't work on me but if you want to download it you better check it first.
    Last edited by dursunertik; March 10, 2016, 12:17 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

<--- another "nugget" joining the flight. This should be....interesting

Are we landing at all 3 airports or are those just being used as waypoints?

Oh and are we supposed to be carrying payload? 5000lbs?

Comment

@dursunertik: I've flown that AN-32 before; worked very well for me. Two considerations-- 1. I had an old version of it, but haven't downloaded the current version. 2. Maybe there's a speed restriction on the gear extension. Try it at various speeds and altitudes.

EDIT: Indeed, speed has something to do with it. I found an old FlightSim.com forum post specifically addressing the issue. I'm sure other AN-32 pilots among us (there are many) may chime in with their experiences as well.

@Dragonscoils: Glad you'll be joining the flight! We typically land at each indicated airport along the route, unless otherwise instructed by the flight lead (Lazerbolt). This means that you should expect three landings after the initial departure, and a coffee/pizza/ice cream break at each stop while everyone re-combobulates. Payload optional, based on your interest in following the lore and prose of the story line (bringing a Star Wars makeover to Disneyland-Hong Kong in time for summer). Now where did I put that pallet of power converters I picked up from Tosche Station?
        Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

@dursunertik: The An-32 works fine, we've been using it on these Thursday flights for years and is a popular plane to fly.

@Dragonscoils: As Wingman stated, we will usually land at all destinations, but not always. And we'll go over the specifics like payload, takeoff / landing runways, ILS frequencies etc. during the event.

The most important thing that you guys will need to have is Simlink installed and running correctly before the flight, because we won't be giving tech support during the event.

Glad to have you guys aboard, and I hope to see everyone there!
          Happy landings,
          Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Thanks for the flight as always LAZERBOLT.
            Here are my photos:
            http://imgur.com/a/kY2E8

My favorite:

[IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
            [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
            [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

In the huge* Douglas C-133B Cargomaster.
              Please click on the pics + F11 for full-size/clarity/

*huge = much bigger than the C-130 (and the C-97)! Payload: 110,000 lb; length: 157 ft 6 in; wingspan: 179 ft 8 in.

Look for it in Storm's Hangar in a few days. :eagerness:

Comment

Had fun last night...despite landing on the wrong runway

Hey, any landing you can walk away from....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X