Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterman's Late Night Wandering - Vancouver Island

Join me to do some low and slow wandering over Vancouver Island!

I started planning this last week and as I see we'll have another flight over the island it'll be a Vancouver Island filled night.

Flight Plan summary: CYAZ->Lake Landing->CAK4->CAT5 (Download .pln here!)

We're going to start at CYAZ, then work our way through the mountains (one high pass to clear) to CYBL. We'll back track a bit from CYBL and follow a large river valley to CAK4. The one more short hop up to CAT5. We'll have 2 options with this leg, over the lake like we've done before, or a route through the canyons to the west.

This will require low and slow AMPHIBIOUS aircraft. There are beautiful lakes we'll be flying over and using for our first stop. I will be flying the Carenado Cessna 185 Amphibious. The strip at CAK4 is a gravel strip, but should be land-able by most small planes. Airspeed will be about 120 knots. A good default Amphib would be the Beaver. The Beaver is an AI plane in P3Dv3, so should come across fine, set your type code to the Beaver (DHC2).

This flight will be on the FSD server! I will be in Prepar3dv3, but feel free to follow along in FSX, FSX:SE, or X-Plane. See more about it here.

NOTE: Please make sure you can successfully connect ahead of time. We won't spend time getting everyone's simulator connecting.

I recommend the Orbx PNW region payware for scenery for this flight.
    Last edited by Waterman981; December 23, 2015, 10:16 PM.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

We'll make this an AMPHIBIOUS flight. Rather than going all the way to CYBL, we'll make a landing in the lake just after the bridge. If you have Orbx CAK4 is bumpy, but not too bad for an amphibious. It doesn't match with the Cub's parked there, but this would be a way too long of a flight at that slow of speeds.
    - Michael

Comment

Here's some pictures and a video of the waves in P3D v3.1:

https://youtu.be/DNLd703-EDE

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/yumq3
      - Michael

Comment

Just a couple. The airplane is the "Snipe", the Beriev Be-103, Russian built. There are currently two operating in the US.

(Please click on the pics + F11 for full size/clarity.)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X