Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World/ Back in Time Lap 4- Episode 7:-- When Greenland Was Green- 500,000 BCE-- Thu 9pm eastern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World/ Back in Time Lap 4- Episode 7:-- When Greenland Was Green- 500,000 BCE-- Thu 9pm eastern

Hi pilots! Time to hop in that Herky-bird for another adventure Back in Time!

HQ has analyzed the glacial core samples that we gathered last week and discovered that sometime between 450,000 and 800,000 years ago, much of Greenland was covered by a thick forest.

Thurday night we will set the Singularity Drive to 1/2 million years BCE and visit the forgotten forests of Greenland.

Scenery files:

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Nuuk Greenland departure (BGGH)
    Kangerlussuaq Greenland (BGSF)
    Forest Valley (XXX6)
    Kulusuk Greenland (BGKK)

A flightplan .PLN file for this flight can be found here:
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

This flight will take place in classic FSX, but feel free to follow along in steam!

As always with these Around the World flights the preferred aircraft is the timeless Captain sim C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any cargo prop that can maintain 260 KIAS at around 18,000 ft. Please do Not bring a jetliner to this event because they stick out like a sore thumb and are a distraction.

-------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

For those who don't have or don't want to fly the C-130, Storm was kind enough to document which are the best planes for these "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.

• An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Comparative Framerate Friendliness Indices:

Happy landings,
    Lazer

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

A reminder for tonight's Around the World flight:
    We will gather at BGGH Nuuk Greenland for a 9pm eastern departure.

Hope to see everyone there!
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

BigBox classic server at IP 72.193.30.48 must host this group flight and continue to serve as primary community FSX classic host until the reappearance of our normal Karl's RedBox server, which continues to boot FSX software to an error message. Both FSX Steam NA as well as BigBox temporary FSX classic server are configured to plus 10 hours from real time, daylight for our flight with fair weather theme default, in-game voice disabled server side and server crash detection confirmed set to off. I'll be early, configured client side and researched for group flight.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Greenland Herky-snaps:

Happy landings,
        Lazer

Comment

Some Pics Of the Flight in Greenland. http://imgbox.com/g/PH6TfNV07J

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...