DAFSIM Test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok....thank you all. I selected FSX instead of FSX Steam and it installed. I disabled overlay in the Steam client so I can use shift+tab without problems.

I can connect to their server but it is telling me my experience will not be good because I don't have 55008 TCP port open. I can see by my router settings it is open so will explore that issue after dinner.

I'll get this sorted and be on the ramp in time for the test.

On a side note, I've never used a call sign before so I plugged in ZZ100 and it worked. I don't know how "legal" that is but it matches my avatar. Waaaaaayyyyyyy back when....I used to load DC-3's out of LAX. Our ramp badges used to say Zoom Zoom Air and I think they changed it to Air Charter West because shippers didn't think we were legit. One of the planes was N100ZZ.

I love not knowing what I'm doing.....this is fun LOL
    “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Wow this is exciting! I think I will even be able to be apart of the test as long as all my school work is done by then! I also have a friend that uses FS9, Maybe I can convince him to join in some testing. He works Tuesdays though : /

Comment

I've added everyone that has sent me an email so far, don't forget the password field only allows all uppercase letters when your typing it in.

Comment

Thanks, Kalo. I'll attempt to get on msFLIGHTS.net DAFSIM with the credentials I emailed you and posted here late tonight. I still have yet to plug in my relocated client flying computer. I'd like to continue to stay in touch with our friends at FSVintageair as their advice and participation on our server in a testing role would be invaluable. They are as accommodating and helpful at FSVintageAir as we are here, particularly Kenney Fox.
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I've started a thread specifically for troubleshooting the performance issues that were seen with out initial test of the DAFSIM server. It can be viewed at http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...0018#post20018 .

Comment

I'd like to remind everyone of the DAFSIM test tonight.

Roughly speaking this is what I have planned:

Test with default aircraft to start with. (I’m thinking C-172 and B58 for the moment)
              • All connect with msFlights.net
                • Include regardless of porting status
                • Disconnect and reconnect only those with open port of 55008
                • Repeat with varied aircraft
                • Each flight leg should be 10-15 minutes at most. At destination try Kalo’s slewing test.

• Hopefully we’ll have enough pilots with FSV ID’s that we can repeat the test using their server to evaluate any potential difference in the performance.

Comment

Well, over the past five days I've sent three requests, but have not received a response yet, so it looks like I might not be able to join this event. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I get it on time to get set up.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X