Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karlh View Post
    We have a staff meeting next weekend. Should we plan on adding a discussion about this to the agenda?
    Good idea....
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

I for one think finding a solution where everybody can bring whatever sim they want is an excellent idea.
      Has anybody considered DAFSIM.
      http://www.dafsim.com/home.php

I'm sure I looked at this not long ago but forgot why it was a bad idea at the time.
      Maybe it's now time to look at it again.
      If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post

Maybe I should host the new Midweek Mystery group flight series on FScloud? Or would we need permission? Or is it not reliable enough yet?
        I say go for it! Karl's hosting a FShost test this week, and I plan on hosting a Dafsim test soon (I submitted a software request for it). Once we find out which platform suits us best, there's no reason not to host group flights via one of them.

Originally posted by karlh View Post

Any of these third party clients is going to cause some lag issues as we saw with FSCloud. 3-4 seconds it a usual amount for that lag, not 12-15 seconds. That alone is my biggest concern with FSCloud. I also have some reservations about the stability of their software and the lack of control over users that might wish to be disruptive.
        If we could get the lag down to 3-4 seconds consistently I think that would be perfectly acceptable. We should explore why some users are having crashes with fsCloud. Fscloud hasn't crashed for me once yet, but the menu's were pretty laggy. I don't think disruptive users would be much of an issue because you can hide whosoever aircraft you want locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
          I say go for it! Karl's hosting a FShost test this week...
          I had to cancel that Tuesday event. Forgot that it was the week I had decided to be a money whor and took an extra 24 hour shift. I'm considering options for another time. I may just do these impromptu this week and try to schedule something next week.

If we could get the lag down to 3-4 seconds consistently I think that would be perfectly acceptable. We should explore why some users are having crashes with fsCloud. Fscloud hasn't crashed for me once yet, but the menu's were pretty laggy.
          VATSIM's solution, developed over years, has been to have multiple regional servers that communicate with each other as well as clients.

I don't think disruptive users would be much of an issue because you can hide whosoever aircraft you want locally.
          True

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post

Maybe I should host the new Midweek Mystery group flight series on FScloud? Or would we need permission? Or is it not reliable enough yet?
            Nice picture storm, made me almost cry. I think you still have lots of time to decide the platform, and I think it should be brought up in our meeting. At least a review of what has been going on for those that haven't been able to keep up.

Comment

I say go for it! Karl's hosting a FShost test this week, and I plan on hosting a Dafsim test soon (I submitted a software request for it). Once we find out which platform suits us best, there's no reason not to host group flights via one of them.
              OK. Notwithstanding Karl's need to reschedule, if we can find a suitable platform in the next four weeks (or less), then I'm happy to run with it. The new Wednesday series aims to be open-ended rather than a set number of weeks, so it would be good to have something that's fairly reliable, likely to stay around, easy for pilots to set up, and as low-lag as possible. Aiming to start on October 7th.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X