Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FScloud cross-platform test flight

Flightplan: KROA>KHSP>W99>KSHD (for MSF Airways pilots, these are flight numbers MSF221>MSF227>MSF228)
    Aircraft: General aviation aircraft capable of 150kts cruise
    Departing: 3pm EDT/7pm UTC

Bring whatever version of FSX you have (classic/steam/p3d), we will be testing this free multiplayer software that allows all platforms to fly together.

The software is called FScloud, download it here: http://fscloud.net/fsclouddownload2.php

Besides being able to fly with users in all platforms, you can control aircraft substitutions. You can also hide players that are annoying you.

you may have to point the installer to your simobjects folder if it does not find it automatically for you : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects

Always load into single-player, then start FScloud. Do not connect to FScloud if you are in a multiplayer server, it will cause problems!

Also to turn off audio sounds click the green "Unicom" button until it turns grey, and on the right click the speaker icon to turn other sounds off

If you have any questions, please click "View Replies to this Event" below.
    If you have any tips in using this program please post them to the same thread.

Have they changed it to where we can start our own server or our we still connecting to the server the they control like VATSIM?

Comment

I don't think we can have our own server...you connect to their server, I'm not sure if they are working on that.

Comment

Although I probably cant make the flight, I like how we are trying to find ways to incorporate all platforms of global flight simulation into one connection everyone can see and use. I am anxious to see the outcome of this flight!

Comment

I have loaded the FSCloud software and proved connectivity with my client P3D. I will further tutor myself and attempt client connection on my Steam and classic installations. It is my intention to initially fly this test group flight with P3D but also try out my Steam and classic sims in close proximity flight. I encourage as many P3D users to attend this test flight in P3D as possible.
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

My P3Dv2 is connecting fine.

Comment

Excellent. Here is the flight plan: KROA>KHSP>W99 (for MSF Airways pilots, these are flight numbers MSF221>MSF227>MSF228)

Comment

nice Kalo, i will bring my P3D into it too :-)
                CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                Staff Member
                VA-Manager

Comment

If this works well, I would like to follow this flight with a test at Mach 2+! Several of us have the Halo YSS-1000 Sabre and/or the Stratojet Excalibur (and some have the B-7072 Orion, though that's a little slower, and the Millennium Falcon). If you have any of these please join me after the scheduled lower speed GA test flight.

Comment

I hope you will not be disappointed after your highspeed test because i know it will fail... Our reason to test FSCloud is, to bring, if it turns out good, more FS platforms together in GA groupflights. We know, that even at low and slow flight a formation will be not bring good results, but we are trying to raise the fun for all groupflight joiners from every platform like FSX Boxed, FSX:SE, P3D and maybe X-Plane...:smile-new:
                    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                    Staff Member
                    VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
                      Excellent. Here is the flight plan: KROA>KHSP>W99 (for MSF Airways pilots, these are flight numbers MSF221>MSF227>MSF228)
                      There is missing KSHD... KROA>KHSP= MSF221, KHSP>W99=MSF227 And W99>KSHD=MSF228 :beaten:
                      CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                      Staff Member
                      VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
                        I hope you will not be disappointed after your highspeed test because i know it will fail... Our reason to test FSCloud is, to bring, if it turns out good, more FS platforms together in GA groupflights. We know, that even at low and slow flight a formation will be not bring good results, but we are trying to raise the fun for all groupflight joiners from every platform like FSX Boxed, FSX:SE, P3D and maybe X-Plane...:smile-new:
                        Thank you for your prophecy Casey! But don't worry: things don't disappoint me; only people do.

My reason to do a high speed test is indeed for group flights. I have led Mach 2 group flights in the past and intend to lead them weekly in the near future. Like my group flights in the past, I hope these new ones will be popular, and I'd like a wide variety of people to be able to participate. However, I've not seen the performance specification for FScloud, let alone the design details or the code, so I have no preconceptions about what it can and can't do.

Comment

Mach 2 test worked fine. Thanks PRdude! :eagerness: Two pics from Kalo's test, showing the weather he had us flying through.
                          Please click on the pics + F11 for full-size/clarity.

Comment

Here are some pics Fsclouc flight. http://imgbox.com/g/dkWqe5b9O4

Comment

I wonder how the test go.
                              If everybody could see each other in a good quality movement and how much of a rubber banding and other problems have been experienced ?
                              mike404

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X