NFL Flying Fantasy league 2015 DRAFT SPECIAL- Thursday Sept. 3rd, 8:30 pm EDT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Flying Fantasy league 2015 DRAFT SPECIAL- Thursday Sept. 3rd, 8:30 pm EDT

Greetings pilots!

Thursday night we will be taking a simple NFL themed flight while the coaches of the msFlights Flying Fantasy League conduct their inaugural season draft! Everyone is invited to join in this flight, but the coaches will move to a locked room until we have finished all draft business.

This flight is intended to be flown in the OV-10 Bronco which you can get from the msFlights vault here: http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...-OV-10A-Bronco

Check out these handy posts from our good friend Storm about installing an autopilot into the Bronco: http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post19084

Our flight takes us past several NFL stadiums (past and present) that are represented in default FSX. We will be flying from Chicago to Canton Ohio, with a few diversions along the way, but we will NOT land until we get all the way to Canton. That's right, just pop in the flight plan .PLN file that is supplied below, set your auto-pilot, and sit back & enjoy this sight-seeing flight.

Go here to grab the Flight plan .PLN file for this flight:
    http://1drv.ms/1NOIB72

240 KIAS @ 3000 ft

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

KMDW Chicago Midway departure
    MANLI Intersection Fly by Soldier Field
    KLDM Mason Co Pick up the commissioner
    KPTK Oakland Co Intl Fly by Silverdome
    KBKL Burke Lakefront Fly by Browns' stadium
    KCAK Akron-Canton Regl 6 nmi from Hall of Fame

Hope to see everyone there!

Happy landings,
    Lazer

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

At 3,000ft, you can achieve a steady 240 knots IAS, after gear up/flaps up, with the following settings:
    • 77% throttle (mouse-over levers), which should give you...
      • 76% torque
      • 92% N1 rpm

Comment

Cant make it due to other real world arrangements. What is the best way for FFL participants to draft if not available during the Thursday time slot?

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
        Cant make it due to other real world arrangements. What is the best way for FFL participants to draft if not available during the Thursday time slot?
        1. Go to your team page.
        2. Click on the "Edit Autopick Strategy" link (a few lines under your team title).
        3. Adjust the pick preferences and position limits as/if required.
        4. Save settings.
        "When your draft takes place - if you are not connected - the system will draft a player from the set position."

Comment

Flight map and sightseeing tips:

Comment

NFL bye weeks. Can't find your player's team's bye week on the ESPN fantasy website? Neither can I. It's not on a player's or team's stats; that pop-up just gives you the 2014 season's bye week. The "Schedule" tab stops at week 8. ESPN have either hidden it over-efficiently, or they've missed it out completely.

Workaround. Here's a website that tells you the bye week for the 2015 season for each team. (Bye weeks are important so you don't have to cover for too many players missing on certain weeks. Spread 'em around! And if you can plan for byes before and during the draft, so much the better.)

Edit: I eventually found them on the ESPN site. They're on the downloadable Cheat Sheets.
            Last edited by Storm; September 2, 2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I have to work Thursday night, so I will try to set autodraft. Whoever has Aaron Rogers, give to me please. I'll trade two for him.
              thanks in advance.
              Greetings from Dale
              Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

I'd love to join the league but I have CAP Thursdays and I am not too versed in setting up the auto draft.
                [B][SIZE=1] "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever
                walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
                for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Sound View Post
                  I have to work Thursday night, so I will try to set autodraft. Whoever has Aaron Rogers, give to me please. I'll trade two for him.
                  thanks in advance.
                  Don't think anyone will get Aaron Rogers. However if I get Aaron Rodgers, I'll make sure he sits on the bench all season.

Comment

meanie-pants Storm! That's where we find your picture.
                    Greetings from Dale
                    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Originally posted by Sound View Post
                      meanie-pants Storm! That's where we find your picture.

Comment

But don't rely on me for draft tips...

Comment

Storm has power out at his residence as of this post's timestamp. Our dear friend forecasts missing our Flying Fantasy draft flight and will try to reconnect to our community as soon as power is regained. Storm asked me to send his respects via a cell phone call just now. Storm will rely on his partially preconfigured autopicks.
                          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I wish that was possible, but the draft is already in motion.. cant be stopped now.
                            Happy landings,
                            Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Fortunately power was restored after an hour or so. Here are two screenshots from the flight. Go Dorks!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X