Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting for msFLIGHTS.net's FSX Military branch - Steam and Classic

We will be using Steam, in ~msFlights.net~NA, and Classic FSX, in Mr. Robert Dunn's BigBox server. We will be recruiting new members into our virtual military. To pre-qualify you must make 5 arrested carrier landings. Ask AIRWOLF for details.

SERVER IP:

or

STEAM:
    ~msFlights.net~NA

HOME BASE:
    KBED - Hanscom A.F.B., Bedford, MA

AIRCRAFT:
    Any current or recently retired naval aircraft that is carrier capable. I will be in the F/A-18 HORNET that Razor was kind enough to supply us with, available here - https://onedrive.live.com/?id=F3ABA1...&action=locate

CARRIER:
    CVN68 USS NIMITZ (empty) - available here http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...50-AI-Carriers

CARRIER WAYPOINT:
    Hufee ~ 18nm from KBED

msFLIGHTS.net. From the last man, to the last plane, to the last bullet....WE FIGHT!

Question: The server IP you posted, which server is that for?
    [B][SIZE=1] "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever
    walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

JCom...The server IP 70.180.235.53 is the multipurposed BigBox server based in Henderson, Nevada (Las Vegas suburb). BigBox is available to be reconfigured via TeamViewer management for those special needs which Karl's RedBox can't accommodate. RedBox serves the vast majority of our classic FSX needs, hosts lots of pilots and remains connected 24/7 in a static configuration. BigBox normally idles hosting PREPAR3D version 2.5 most of the time. When special FSX classic configurations are required to meet the needs of one of our Special Interest Groups (SIGs), a server administrator logs into BigBox via TeamViewer, takes down the normal P3D configuration and invokes some variant of classic FSX. BigBox also serves as RedBox's emergency backup classic FSX server. AIRWOLF often uses BigBox to host VR Simulations TacPack military operations. He also uses it to host non-TacPack military events, such as mock dogfighting and AI carrier ops. Because BigBox has much less pilot traffic on it, formation flying usually works out better on BigBox than RedBox. The FSX Blue Angels group of which Razor (Ben Dudley) is a member occasionally use BigBox when their own dedicated "sanitized" server is unavailable.

Unlike RedBox, BigBox has no FSOpen packet kick limit, does not auto-kick spawned aircraft and, when in use by SIGs, does not run associated with the tools nor bot of FSOpen Server2 software. Because of the absence of a packet kick limit, cockpit shared aircraft requiring an abnormally high packet tolerance which would be auto-kicked from RedBox with it's 1,500 packet limit can be stably flown on BigBox when FSX classic configured. VRS TacPack's fired ordnance is seen by FSX as a spawned aircraft, permitted in BigBox but kicked from RedBox. BigBox has a VRS TacPack paid license at the server level, as required for TacPack multiplayer.

There's a bunch of answers to questions you didn't ask.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I would love to do this, however what time zone are we talking here? I'm currently deployed, so it's gonna be a late night for me or early morning depending. Also, I have a combat variant of the F-18, would I be able to use that, and another last question is for shits and giggles, I've been trying to test the mid-air refueling feature of my KC130, wondering if I could test that out after the 5 landings and we can see how well our mid-air refueling skills are! But that's all my questions. Look forward to flying with you guys on the 23rd.

Comment

uld also like to join this, but I am Air Force. If you would fly the B-52G/H, B-1. B-2, or the F-15 & F-16, I would be there. sorry.
          Last edited by N85988; August 21, 2015, 09:49 AM. Reason: add to it

Comment

Originally posted by USMarine012 View Post
            I would love to do this, however what time zone are we talking here? I'm currently deployed, so it's gonna be a late night for me or early morning depending. Also, I have a combat variant of the F-18, would I be able to use that, and another last question is for shits and giggles, I've been trying to test the mid-air refueling feature of my KC130, wondering if I could test that out after the 5 landings and we can see how well our mid-air refueling skills are! But that's all my questions. Look forward to flying with you guys on the 23rd.
            All our events are published as US eastern time, i.e. EST or EDT depending on the time of year. However, if you have your forum settings correct, you'll see events and event titles* automatically displayed in your local time (though not, of course, times embedded in the text of a forum post). To check and adjust your settings:
            1. Log in to the msflights website.
            2. Click "Settings" at the top right of any page.
            3. Click "General Settings" in the left margin.
            4. Scroll down to the "Date & Time Options" section.
            5. Ensure both the "Time Zone" and "DST Correction Option" are set correctly.
            All that notwithstanding, most evening events and weekday events posted by a US-based member will start at 9pm eastern.

* Don't be misled by the event posting time, white on gray, which is usually quite different. The title is in steel blue bold above that.

Comment

We do also use Air Force aircraft. We are just starting the team but we do have others interested in the Air Force side. Which combat F/A-18 do you have?

Comment

I'll work on my landings and see from there- but I'm definitely interested. See you one the 23rd.
                [url]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0370.png[/url]

Comment

It's the Marine Corps F/A-18D, if that's what your asking.

Comment

Thank you to Saint, Razor, Spins and Panther for giving us the awesome show in our military group flight. Very impressive stuff. If you would like to do it again, or many times, let me know. I would love to see more.

Sincerely,

AIRWOLF

I wish I got better pics, but check these out.

Comment

Group Flight Pictures

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

Pics from the Group Flight!!!!!!

Comment

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

Comment

Must say today was a great flight experience with you guys. Enjoyed it and looking forward to more flights!

Aircrafts featured:
                          F/A-18s
                          F-14s
                          F-35s
                          H-60s

Loads of fun and a lot of Bolters! lol.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                          Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X