Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson to Bryce Canyon

Tonight I'll be casually flying from KHND over the strip, then up to the Valley of Fire, then following I-15 up the gorge to KSGU (checking out the old airport as well and possibly landing there), then up to Bryce Canyon (KBCE). We'll go up Zion National Park, then over to Bryce Canyon National park then swing around and land. Flying something around 120 knots.
    Starts
    October 1, 2020 03:00 AM
    Ends
    October 1, 2020 05:00 AM
    Last edited by Waterman981; September 30, 2020, 09:48 PM.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

11 p.m. EDT? Are you crazy?

Cool. I'll be there!!

Comment

Yea, I showed up in Discord and in-sim at 8:00pm PDT just in case vBulletin made an error but I guess Waterman meant what he typed. I'll be there but I wonder how many other die-hard pilots from east of the Mississippi will show up.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by robert dunn 2 View Post
        but i guess waterman meant what he typed.
        lol

Comment

Yeah the time is correct... I can't make earlier times. If I'm flying alone that's fine. If others want to join me great, that's the only reason I posted it.
          - Michael

Comment

I'll be there...or be square!
            [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

Thanks all who were able to join. Sorry I dropped off during tarmac time, it was mid sentence that my PC decided to GSOD and crash. Months without a crash and now I'm wondering about my overclock.

Here's the read I found on the Hurricane Mesa test track, where supersonic ejection systems were tested: http://members.tripod.com/airfields_...elds_UT_SW.htm. And apparently we should have taken BD-5's as the area we were in is where the opening scenes of Octopussy were shot (along with the final aerial stunts of the movie including shots at Hurricane Mesa).
              Last edited by Waterman981; October 1, 2020, 05:53 AM.
              - Michael

Comment

We all enjoyed the flight. Who woulda thunk so many pilots would show up for such a late flight. Your guided tour of Dixie (southern Utah) was informative and interesting. Sorry I couldn't provide more narrative about Vegas but it's tough to tell stories at 120 knots over 15 miles when the flight is still in the early stages of formation.
                Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X