• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Flights: Low-Wings in Louisiana

Flight Plan: KARA - KHZR - KMKV - 2L0

Summary
    [From Wikipedia..]
    The southern coast of Louisiana in the United States is among the fastest-disappearing areas in the world. This has largely resulted from human mismanagement of the coast (see Wetlands of Louisiana). At one time, the land was added to when spring floods from the Mississippi River added sediment and stimulated marsh growth; the land is now shrinking. There are multiple causes.

Artificial levees block spring flood water that would bring fresh water and sediment to marshes. Swamps have been extensively logged, leaving canals and ditches that allow saline water to move inland. Canals dug for the oil and gas industry also allow storms to move sea water inland, where it damages swamps and marshes. Rising sea waters have exacerbated the problem. Some researchers estimate that the state is losing a land mass equivalent to 30 football fields every day. There are many proposals to save coastal areas by reducing human damage, including restoring natural floods from the Mississippi. Without such restoration, coastal communities will continue to disappear. And as the communities disappear, more and more people are leaving the region. Since the coastal wetlands support an economically important coastal fishery, the loss of wetlands is adversely affecting this industry.

Time-zone BreakDown: Friday, July 31st, 2015 at:
    9PM Eastern
    8PM Central
    7PM Mountain
    6PM Pacific

::Other Useful information::

Target Airspeed: [110kias -120kias]
    Average Cruising Altitude: 2,500 FT - 3,500 FT AGL
    Preferred Aircraft: Low-Wing aircraft! Due to posted speeds, this will generally be kept to GA aircraft.

Steam/Boxed/P3D users welcome.

Sorry I won't be able to attend this event Warhawk my dad was taken to the hospital today. He was complaining of stomach pains and they got worse throughout the day. My mother took him to Waukesha Memorial and they found out that tissue left over from an appendix operation wrapped around his bowels and wasn't able to go to the bathroom then they took him into exploratory surgery. I'm going to see him I'm leaving just now and you I give you permission if you'd like to share this with the group.
    Any ways I'll either see you later or tomorrow or next Friday I am working on some hops in Africa probably on either Saturdays to Sundays when they open up. But any ways have a good night enjoy your flight!!!

Comment

A few Louisiana pics:

Happy landings,
      Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Steam with cpilot and formation flying with Buck293:

I was flying a Mooney M-18C by Piglet.

Comment

Corby CJ-1 Starlet over Louisiana.
          Please click on the pics for full-size/clarity.

Comment

Here Are a few pics. http://imgbox.com/g/NK66nNaARC

Comment

Nice looking aircraft Storm!

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
                Nice looking aircraft Storm!
                Freeware downloadable here: http://www.classicwings.net/corby_starlet.html

Comment

Some pictures from to nights flight. http://imgur.com/a/iY38S

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X