Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herky Birds Saturday night - May 25th 9pm eastern --- Tokyo Japan

Hi pilots! Looks like its high time for a new cargo-prop mission!

Tonight's mission:

HQ has finished building a massively more powerful Hercules, (complete with singularity drive of course) and they are sending us to Tokyo for a full "stress test" of the new system.

Saturdays flightplan is as follows:

Yonago Japan departure (RJOH)
    Kansai Intl, Japan (RJBB)
    Hamamatsu, Japan (RJNH)
    Hyakuri, Japan (RJAH)

A flightplan .PLN file for this flight can be found here:
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

This flight will take place using JoinFS on the "global" server

As always with these Around the World flights the preferred aircraft is the timeless Captain sim C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any cargo prop that can maintain 250 KIAS at around 10,000 ft. Please do Not bring a jetliner to this event because they stick out like a sore thumb and are a distraction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

For those who don't have or don't want to fly the C-130, this should help you decide.
    • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsFIlxhwmWg9gXDknswc2wPvdr1p
    Starts
    May 26, 2019 01:00 AM
    Ends
    May 26, 2019 03:00 AM
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Please join me Saturday night as we stress test my new pc in Tokyo!
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Well I just picked up the C-130 for X-Plane. Yay! But I have a thing in the evening so I won't be flying tomorrow night. Waaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Comment

Speaking of which, the XP C-130 is on sale for $14.36 USD. It is okay. Not nearly as good as the Captain Sim one, but I think it's worth $15 or $20.

Last edited by Karl; May 25, 2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Lazer, will be there if I can make it of course.
          Karl, I wish the sounds were a little more realistic at least this exterior one. I wonder if there is a sound pack out there for it? How does the cockpit look?

Comment

I must send my deepest regrets, Lazer and pilots. While I intended to fly strait to this group flight, life took a left turn. I won't be able to come. Happy flying, guys.
            Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Here are some pics ...................https://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/tJ9g...weGtl1Fyy4PFsu

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X