Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World lap 5---- Episode 67: the final Thursday flight --- 1975 Malaysia -- Thu 9pm eastern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World lap 5---- Episode 67: the final Thursday flight --- 1975 Malaysia -- Thu 9pm eastern

Hi pilots! We've been delivering cargo around space and time on Thursday nights for almost 6 years now and I regret announcing that due to work, I will no longer be able to host flights on Thursdays anymore. I do plan on continuing the series on another night of the week (perhaps Fridays) in the future. Please join us, as we bid a fond farewell to the Thursday group flights that has meant so much to me all of these years.

Tonight's mission:

Thursday night HQ is sending us back to the year 1975 so that we can help establish the Semenggoh Nature Reserve in northern Borneo. Our mission will be to safely transport hundreds of rescued gibbons and orangutans to the newly opened facility. To keep things interesting, HQ has also thrown in a few endangered porcupines and crocodiles, so try and keep your cargo secure!

We will be departing from the Galactic carrier where we left off last week, so you will need these simple scenery files. You will only need these if you didn't grab them for last weeks "Alien Island" flight.
    Required Scenery files: Click the link below to grab the two required scenery files.
    http://1drv.ms/1P6J70H

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Galactic Carrier departure (XXX8)
    Ranai Indonesea (WION)
    Semenggoh Nature Reserve, Kuching Malaysia (WBGG)
    Bintulu Malaysia (WBGB)

A flightplan .PLN file for this flight can be found here:
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

This flight will take place using JoinFS!

As always with these Around the World flights the preferred aircraft is the timeless Captain sim C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any cargo prop that can maintain 250 KIAS at around 14,000 ft. Please do Not bring a jetliner to this event because they stick out like a sore thumb and are a distraction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

For those who don't have or don't want to fly the C-130, this should help you decide.
    • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsFIlxhwmWg9gXDknswc2wPvdr1p
    Starts
    March 1, 2019 02:00 AM
    Ends
    March 1, 2019 04:00 AM
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Hey guys, if you've enjoyed these Thursday flights as much as I've enjoyed hosting them for the past 6 years please join us as we bid this long-running series a fond farewell tonight!
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Not sure I will be able to make it tonight. If I can, it will be right around start time. If not, enjoy the flight and I will try to catch you guys at tarmac time. I will truly miss these Thursday night flights, and hope to see them come back on Fridays.

Comment

Here are the pictures of this last great flight on thursday. Thank you Lazerbolt for 6 years of great cargo flights. But this is not the end ,there will be other types of flights. Thanks to this great community that we have.......http://imgbox.com/g/rGHDE3iWvq

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X