Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little hop by the numbers

Want to do something fun but with a little more realistic flavor that our normal go from point A to point B.

Thinking of starting at point A, flying some patterns, say maybe 2 or 3 touch and go's. We'll try to actually maintain a non-MS flights method of actually maintain separation. Then I thought we'd fly to another airport use the actual chart of the ILS and fly the approach using the GPS and actual altitudes as the charts call for.

Right now I'm thinking flying between Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.

I know what I have in mind. This is a trial thing to see how we,as a group, like it. Show up with a GA plane, be ready to be flexible and we'll see if we can have some fun.
    Starts
    August 9, 2018 01:00 AM
    Ends
    August 9, 2018 03:00 AM

I'm in and interested. I'm VFR rated only however. ILS approach is beyond my current skill set but... I'm a quick study if the group is small and amenable to over the air public instruction. Otherwise, I will study and be prepared for such IFR in any subsequent by-the-numbers nights. This sounds like fun. I look forward to refining techniques and learning from those currentl\y licensed private pilots who frequent our group flight gatherings.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
      I'm in and interested. I'm VFR rated only however. ILS approach is beyond my current skill set but...
      It'll be easy. We all currently know how to tune an ILS frequency. There is really just one or two more steps.

Comment

Hi folks. Ready to fly around a bit? I just looked at the weather. South of Rhode Island and the cape is true IMC. We'll probably fly from Plymouth, MA (KPYM) to Provincetown, MA (KPVC) which is on the tip of Cape Cod. I'll check the weather again right before flight time. Dinner and a couple of huney do's before that though. See ya guys then.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X