Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World Lap 5 - Episode 27: -- Rescue of Dawn Man- 250,000 BCE, Philippines -- Thu 9pm eastern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World Lap 5 - Episode 27: -- Rescue of Dawn Man- 250,000 BCE, Philippines -- Thu 9pm eastern

Hi pilots! Looks like its time for another trip back in time in those majestic Herky-birds!

Seismic activity 250,000 years ago turned what was once a "land bridge" into an isolated island off the coast of the Philippines. This effectively stranded a tribe of early humans (called Dawn Man) and assorted animals, cutting off their route as they migrated out of Asia to populate the Philippines to the south.

Our mission on Thursday will be to transport these animals and people to the areas in the Philippines where they belong.

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Pratas Island, Pratas Island Departure (Z28X)
    Laoag Intl, Laoag (RPLI)
    Baguio, Baguio (RPUB)
    Subic Bay Intl, Subic Bay (RPLB)

A flightplan .PLN file for this flight can be found here:
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

This flight will take place using JoinFS!

Aircraft:
    As always with these Around the World flights the preferred aircraft is the timeless Captain sim C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any cargo prop that can maintain 250 KIAS at around 16,000 ft. Please do Not bring a jetliner to this event because they stick out like a sore thumb and are a distraction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

For those who don't have or don't want to fly the C-130, Storm was kind enough to document which are the best planes for these "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.
    • C-97 Stratofreighter Popular, quality freeware that comes with an installer (v2) available here, or without an installer (v3) but with extra models and separate optional extra mods and liveries here (look in the Cargo props section).
    • C-133 Cargomaster Largest aircraft with massive payload. Easy to fly (with practice). Keeps up with the C-130. Download it here (look in the Cargo props section; install both v1 + cumulative v1.3 upgrade). Warning: a small number of pilots have frame rate problems when flying this aircraft.
    • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly. Download it here (look in the Cargo props section).
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights. Download with an installer here.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates. Download it here (look in the Cargo props section).
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly. Download it here (look in the Cargo props section).
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsFIlxhwmWg9gXDknswc2wPvdr1p
    Starts
    April 20, 2018 01:00 AM
    Ends
    April 20, 2018 03:00 AM
    Last edited by Lazerbolt; April 15, 2018, 09:41 PM.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

May I bring along my C-17? I really enjoyed that behemoth in VR that last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      May I bring along my C-17? I really enjoyed that behemoth in VR that last time.
      Absolutely
      Happy landings,
      Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Pictures of the Flight sorry for the lateness..................http://imgbox.com/g/SIffhSxLO6

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X