Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Flights: Pipers in Paraguay

Flight Plan: SGCO - SGST - SGPJ - SBPP (Ending in Brazil)

Summary
    [From Wikipedia..]
    Between 1904 and 1954, Paraguay had thirty-one presidents, most of whom were removed from office by force.

In the 1930s, Paraguay fought the Chaco War against Bolivia, in part to try to reclaim some of the land lost. It defeated Bolivia and re-established sovereignty over the region called the Chaco. It forfeited additional territorial gains in the Mato Grosso as a price of peace.

After World War II, politics became particularly unstable, with several political parties fighting for power in the late 1940s, which most notably brought about the Paraguayan civil war of 1947. A series of unstable governments ensued until the establishment, in 1954, of the stable regime of dictator Alfredo Stroessner, who remained in office for more than three decades, until 1989. Paraguay was modernized to some extent under Stroessner's regime, although his rule was marked by extensive abuses.

Stroessner and the Colorado party ruled the country from 1954 to 1989. The dictator oversaw an era of economic expansion, but also had a poor human rights and environmental record (see "Political History"). Torture and death for political opponents was routine. After his overthrow, the Colorado continued to dominate national politics until 2008.

Time-zone BreakDown: Friday, July 10th, 2015 at:
    9PM Eastern
    8PM Central
    7PM Mountain
    6PM Pacific

::Other Useful information::

Target Airspeed: [110kias -120kias]
    Average Cruising Altitude: 2,500 FT - 3,500 FT AGL
    Preferred Aircraft: Pipers! I will be flying either a Pacer, Comanche (at low throttle) or Cherokee!

Steam/Boxed/P3D users welcome.

That's funny; just last night, I was flying all the Pipers in my hangar in hopes that I'd have a good reason to take out the PiperSport. Will I be able to "hang" in that relatively slow LSA, though?
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

I'm trying to find a speed middle ground, what does it cruise at?

Comment

About 115kias at sea level at the firewall.
        Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

I'll be away and won't be home for the start of the flight. If I get back in time later, I'll catch up with my L-21.

Comment

From Steam:

Comment

Thanks for sharing Space Taco

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X