Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Flight LA to Vegas

This will be the pilot episode of a pilot episode. FOX TV has a new show with an aviation theme called LA TO VEGAS. It's a half hour sitcom based around the goings on of the flight crew and passengers that routinely fly this route. I watched a couple of episodes and it's amusing.

For this flight we will be flying airliners between KLAX and KLAS. While in cruise we will watch an episode of the show. The episodes can be found @ https://www.fox.com/la-to-vegas#season-1 . We will of course begin with the pilot episode, S1E1.

AIRCRAFT:
    I will be flying the default FSX 737 purely for simplicity's sake as flight lead so that I can focus on logistics. Any aircraft that can keep up is welcome
    but I would prefer to see passenger/cargo carrying craft vs anything military. But the choice is yours.

KLAX for this episode. Expect the return flight in the next episode.

FLIGHTPLAN:
    Basically we will use the POM (Pomona) and DAG (Dagget) VOR's as intermediate waypoints between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. The other points were added as an aid for me. Expect FL2700 for cruise (27,000msl)

Downloadable PLN and FMS plans @ http://tinyurl.com/Karl-s-FlightPlans

Textual: KLAX VIREO VPLHF POM APLES DAG TRREY CODNO VPVFZ KLAS

DAY/TIME:
    I will be setting the sim to real world weather and real world time.
    Starts
    February 8, 2018 02:00 AM
    Ends
    February 8, 2018 03:30 AM
    Last edited by Karl; February 2, 2018, 05:31 PM.

Here is a low price Delta Flight from KLAX to KLAS this evening. Only $45!

-Coast

PS: I will not be able to fly with you this evening due to hardware issues. Good luck to all!

To drive the 270 miles would cost somewhere around $30 more or less based on a price of about $2.90 a gallon.
    "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Coast, you can join us from whatever computer/tablet you're using to watch the show.

Comment

Reminder pilotos for tonight flight for the PILOT episode of LAtoVegas. Fire up your flight sims and tune your web browsers to https://www.fox.com/la-to-vegas#season-1. Where we can fly the friendly sim skies and watch a fun little comedy. I bet we'll enjoy this.... Get it? Bet....

Comment

KLAX is currently socked in with fog with 1/4 sm visibility. Winds from the west @ 9. I'll be taking off from Rwy 25R. Get your instruments and web browser's fired up.

Comment

Speaking of flights to Vegas, I always appreciated the fact that Spirit Airlines dubbed its flight from Fort Lauderdale to Las Vegas: Flight 777 !
            (Sadly, the aircraft type for the flight is not a Boeing Triple Seven.)
            Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X