Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper Tuesdays - week 8 - Japanese Tour continues

Join me at 9pm eastern as we continue our relaxed series of flights around Japan.

Flight plans: https://is.gd/StormsFlightPlans (both .PLN and .FMS files available).
    Or look at the end of our Discord channel #group-flight-info on the day of the flight.
    Start 1st stop Overfly 2nd stop Overfly 3rd stop 4th stop Last stop
    RJOA KAWAJIRI DOME RJBH TORII RJOI KUDAMATSU RJOF
    Hiroshima Kawajiri Atomic Bomb Dome Hiroshimanishi Itsukushima Shrine Iwakuni US Marine Corps Air Station Kudamatsu Hofu Aero
    Red text indicates special waypoint codes that will not be in your GPS/FMC database.
    The Kawajiri stop is land reclaimed from the sea. Land in clear at southwest corner.
    At Kudamatsu, land on clear fields (FSX) or in industrial parking lot (XP11).

Cruise: 80 knots indicated, altitude at pilot's discretion.

Aircraft: Rotorcraft only (see FAQ).

Scenery: Default is OK.

Server: SimLink server: 101.165.150.139 (AU) only.

Simulators: All welcome: FS9, FSX boxed, FSX Steam edition, Prepar3D, X-Plane.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Are these flights for rotorcraft only?
    Yes. No fixed wing aircraft please.

I sometimes like to fly weird stuff. What exactly are you calling a rotorcraft?
    1. It must have one or more rotors that generate lift (so no Jet Packs!).
    2. It must be capable of hovering in place, as well as controlled vertical take-off and landing (so no autogyros).
    Other than that, anything is OK. So in addition to helicopters, you can bring (for example) your Rotodynes and Verticopters.

Why are you flying in SimLink not JoinFS?
    To give people the widest choice of simulators in which to fly. And there's another reason...

I'm really new/inexperienced with rotocraft and concerned I'll make a fool of myself.
    No problem. These flights are to have fun. We all start somewhere and you'll find people are supportive. And we're flying in SimLink, which helps disguise many mistakes (for all of us)!

Will we always be landing at airports?
    Sometimes, yes, but not always. Sometimes we'll land at heliports or on helipads. But sometimes we may land on a beach or a lake (with advance warning, of course, so we fly with floats!).

Will we always fly direct between stops?
    No. Very often we will follow natural features such as valleys, rivers and shorelines.

Will we fly the same speed each week?
    Probably not. You may need to change your rotorcraft week to week.

Will we always start one week where we left off the previous week?
    Sometimes, yes. Some flights will be "tours" and be part of a series. But others will be one-off flights.

Will you be subjecting us to trivia and trivia questions?
    No! Not on these flights.
    Starts
    November 15, 2017 02:00 AM
    Ends
    November 15, 2017 04:00 AM

Spot the bot! Join us this evening for a slow helicopter ride around the Seto Inland Sea. Keep your eyes open for something that will help us find our more obscure landing spots.

Last edited by Storm; November 14, 2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Fsx P3D freeware landclass for the entire country of Japan
      Last edited by N404; November 17, 2017, 05:11 AM.
      mike404

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X