Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chopper Tuesdays - Japanese Tour #3 - HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper Tuesdays - Japanese Tour #3 - HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!

Halloween falls on Chopper Tuesday this year, so join me in the telling of a famous Japanese ghost story! We'll fly rotorcraft at a leisurely 80 kts.
    EXTRA KUDOS TO ANYONE FLYING A PUMPKIN COLORED HELICOPTER!

Flight plans: https://is.gd/StormsFlightPlans (both .PLN and .FMS files available).
    Start 1st stop 2nd stop 3rd stop 4th stop Last stop
    RJOO RJOY RJBB RJBE Harima Himeji Castle
    Osaka Yao Kansai Kobe Harima Himeji Castle
    New airport opened 2006.

FSX: not in default scenery: land in clear in center of island.

XP11: is in default scenery, so land right next to tower on its south side.
    FSX and XP11: Land in clear just south of the inlet at NW of the island. FSX: Land by the castle (part of default scenery).

XP11: Land in clear at top of hill (castle not in scenery).
    Red text indicates special waypoint codes that will not be in your GPS/FMC database.

Cruise: 80 knots indicated, altitude at pilot's discretion.

Aircraft: Rotorcraft only (see FAQ), pumpkin colored preferred!

Scenery: Default is OK.

Server: SimLink server: 101.165.150.139 (AU)

Simulators: All welcome: FS9, FSX boxed, FSX Steam edition, Prepar3D, X-Plane.
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Are these flights for rotorcraft only?
    Yes. No fixed wing aircraft please.

I sometimes like to fly weird stuff. What exactly are you calling a rotorcraft?
    1. It must have one or more rotors that generate lift (so no Jet Packs!).
    2. It must be capable of hovering in place, as well as controlled vertical take-off and landing (so no autogyros).
    Other than that, anything is OK. So in addition to helicopters, you can bring (for example) your Rotodynes and Verticopters.

Why are you flying in SimLink not JoinFS?
    To give people the widest choice of simulators in which to fly. And there's another reason...

I'm really new/inexperienced with rotocraft and concerned I'll make a fool of myself.
    No problem. These flights are to have fun. We all start somewhere and you'll find people are supportive. And we're flying in SimLink, which helps disguise many mistakes (for all of us)!

Will we always be landing at airports?
    Sometimes, yes, but not always. Sometimes we'll land at heliports or on helipads. But sometimes we may land on a beach or a lake (with advance warning, of course, so we fly with floats!).

Will we always fly direct between stops?
    No. Very often we will follow natural features such as valleys, rivers and shorelines.

Will we fly the same speed each week?
    Probably not. You may need to change your rotorcraft week to week.

Will we always start one week where we left off the previous week?
    Sometimes, yes. Some flights will be "tours" and be part of a series. But others will be one-off flights.

Will you be subjecting us to trivia and trivia questions?
    No! Not on these flights. Although today you may get a ghost story...
    Starts
    November 1, 2017 01:00 AM
    Ends
    November 1, 2017 03:00 AM
    Last edited by Storm; October 29, 2017, 03:41 AM.

Reminder and extra instructions! Join us at RJOO at 9pm this evening for our 80kt rotorcraft ghost story run to Himeji Castle. Notes:

When we land at our 4th stop, Harima:
    * Flight lead will quickly change from XP11 to FSX (because of Himeji scenery).
    * Please set time to dusk for take-off from Harima. We will arrive at Himeji Castle ten minutes later.

Check out the map below. Himeji Castle is next to the gold star.
    * For the best view, please land near any of the green dots to the northeast of the castle, but take care not to land in any water in the dark!
    * DO NOT land near either of the red splashes to the south or southeast of the castle - the reason for which will be revealed this evening.

Comment

good times

mike404

Comment

Here are my Halloween Flight pictures , sorry for the lateness. http://imgbox.com/g/clVq5WksoP

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X