X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAA Air Venture Fly In

Friday Night Flight

Hello to all my fellow flying friends and I'm proud to finally be back for good. I'm happy to announce the EAA AirVenture Fly In. This will be the 62nd annual EAA AirVenture airshow held at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin for 2015. Paul Poberezny born September 14th, 1941 is the founder of Experimental Aircraft Association known as the EAA. Other then starting the EAA Paul was an advocate for home built aircraft. Home built and experimental aircraft was the original part of the EAA but, today has grown to be the significant aircraft, air show, aviation's and aviators destination every year to celebrate flight. With 170,000 EAA members and over 500,000 people in attendance last year. They debut aircraft every year especially military aircraft this year they are debuting the Airbus A350. Paul Poberezny passed away August 22nd 2013 he was 91 years old. Well enough on the history lesson I will have more great facts on the flight.

Flying Direct GPS

Before flight just so we can see what you are flying paste a picture of your aircraft on Team Speak for fellow pilots to view. And if you would like to look up some information about your aircraft to share along the flight for our factual part of the group flight by all means please share.

Will be flying a Dornier 328-100 Prop

Any aircraft of your desire that can fly at 5,000ft speed I will be around 230 to 270knots

Starting Airport = Sherman Army Airfield, Leavenworth, Kansas = KFLV

- Stop 1 = Davenport Municipal Airport, Davenport, Iowa = KDVN

- Stop 2 = Chicago/Rockford International Airport, Rockford, Illinois = KRFD

- Stop 3 = Lawrence J. Timmerman Airport, Milwaukee, Wisconsin = KMWC

- Final Destination = EAA AirVenture Wittman Regional Airport, Oshkosh, Wisconsin = KOSH
    - Landing Runway = 36
    - Land runway 36 and taxi way A to the right of runway.
    - Taxi to the northwest grass area park accordingly the grass is before runway 9.

Duration: I flew the flight last night and it took only roughly 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours
    Edit by Storm: Changed to 2:00 hours

TIME OF FLIGHT: 7:00pm Eastern Time

Starting this event early because of the length and maybe if its not so late we'll get more pilots. You can join at any airport or meet us there and watch us land but, of course more the merrier.
    Last edited by Trev91284; July 11, 2015, 03:02 AM.

Hello Trev91284. I dropped into TeamSpeak to help you conduct your group flight. I will remain attentive until a half hour after your scheduled start time. If I don't encounter you, I'll assume your group flight will not be held at this time. Consider rescheduling this EAA Fly-in at another time. As of now, your group flight will run into the iconic group flight time slot Lazerbolt's Around the World group flight has historically occupied starting at 21:00 EDT today and every Thursday.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I THINK this event was scheduled for the wrong night because it's header says "Friday Night Flight"....
      Happy landings,
      Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbolt View Post
        I THINK this event was scheduled for the wrong night because it's header says "Friday Night Flight"....
        Roger, Lazer. I'm wrong, flight is scheduled for Friday night. We believe 21:00 EDT Friday Night group flight is hosted this week by AIRWOLF.
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry about the confusion The EAA AirVenture Fly In will be held at 7pm Eastern Standard Time I'm going to do the flight tonight to see how long it takes so my event does not run into the Friday Night Flights.

Comment

I would like everyone joining the flight to find some information about the aircraft you are flying to share during the first hop. I would like you to post a real photo of your aircraft and tells us why you chose to fly the aircraft and tell a little history about your aircraft. Thank you

Comment

If you would like to download and fly the aircraft I'm flying here's the link

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...ornier-do328t/

Comment

I have changed the event for you. You had scheduled it as an all-day flight. I have changed it to a 2 hour flight starting at 7pm EDT Friday. You can change that of course if you want!

Comment

Thanks Storm

Comment

Embraer EMB 120 Brasilia, on the ground at journey's end, Oshkosh.

Comment

Have a great time at Oshkosh this weekend, Trev. We all thank you for this event and your obvious and extensive preparation for it as well as the admirable job you did in required improvisation. I was truly impressed with that. Again, please say hello for us all to WarHawK and any other FLIGHTS.net members you may encounter at Air Venture.

Because of some event scheduling confusions, this fly-in evolved into the defacto Friday night group flight and, as such, it was one of the best Friday night flights we have had in quite a while. I would still like to read in this thread a transcription of your excellent flight and Air Venture introduction that we heard at the beginning of your group flight. That was truly eloquent and impressive. I urge you to re-share those words for those late arrivals who did not hear.
                      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X