Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Staker Event

This weeks flight will be live weather. We will find a good storm to fly in!

This event is only open to members of the MSF Storm Stalkers Group. Being such, the Teamspeak room will be locked with a password. That password has already been distributed to official members. If you are an official member of the Stalkers and you do not have the password, let me know. If you are not an official member, and would like to join us, you must submit your request at least 24 hours prior to the event in order to be able to fly in it. This rule is to assist the group with keeping the Teamspeak professional and task oriented. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Plan is: Show up!

We will have at least two options to choose from this evening:

Option 1: Historical Hurricane in Bermuda.

October 18, 2014 Hurricane Gonzalo
    The eye of Gonzalo passed over Bermuda. It came and lashed on the island as a Category-3 hurricane with initial sustained wind speed of about 125kmph. However it gradually transitioned to a Category-2 hurricane with sustained wind speed of 112kmph. It came from South West and have later moved out towards North East. About 30,700 houses and consumers are out of power which is about 85% of the island. Large number of trees have fallen down on the streets, many houses have their roofs and walls damaged, a section of the main hospital has been flooded and damaged, several boats have drowned, however there is no casualty in the island.

Option 2: Real-Time Tropical Storm Higos in the Pacific

Departure Airport: PGSN

Please note that this storm is more than 500 miles East of Saipan, and could take more than 2hrs to get there. Seems unlikely to me!

Tropical Storm Higos:

-Coast
    "Having fun with friends! "

Storm Stalkers Flight Plan.

I've looked around for places to fly our Storm Stalker's flight in Real Time, but did not find much as to BIG storms. So I've have come up with a smaller event based in the far north of Alaska in winter. Their is a blizzard warning up there for Tuesday, so I'm throwing the dice and that is where will be flying.

There is two different flight plans depending on which type of aircraft (i.e., how high/fast) you want to fly.

1. For the slow and low bunch we will using the following plan.

2. For the high and fast bunch we will be flying a longer route, but will meet up with the slow and low folks at the final destination.

-Coast
    Last edited by Coast; February 3, 2015, 04:11 PM.
    "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X