Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONNIE FLIGHTS: Kansas City Wheeler Downtown to Denver International

The last time we flew the Connie, it was on the last scheduled commercial flight of a 4 engine piston prop in the continental US from Philadelphia to Kansas City Wheeler Downtown Airport. So I think it would be appropriate if this aircraft is "handed over" to another regional carrier, and flown to the west coast for refit.

We will be flying it from KMKC Kansas City Wheeler Downtown Airport to KDEN Denver International Airport on our way to the west coast.

Flight Plan : http://sdrv.ms/1fvdQjM

Denver International Airport:
    We will be landing on runway 17L - ILS 110.15 MHz at 170º.

-Coast
    Last edited by Coast; February 5, 2014, 07:25 PM.
    "Having fun with friends! "

What plane will most people be flying? Anything from storm's drive?

Pilot.93

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.93 View Post

Pilot.93
      We use either the P3D/Just Flight Lockheed Constellation ( i.e., CONNIE), or the L-749 Constellation on Storm's Sky Drive.

Link: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1FA3A...681B8DB577!455

-Coast
      "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.93 View Post

Pilot.93
        Most people fly the Just Flight payware Connie. That's the Lockheed L-049. Many people who have Prepar3D, where it is a default aircraft, have ported back to FSX for no extra cost. All agree it is a seriously gorgeous beast.

However, for those who don't have Prepar3D or who are not yet ready to fork out $30 for the payware, there is a free Connie on my Skydrive in the Vintage Hangar. Be aware that its interior model quality is very much inferior to the payware, with much panel functionality relegated to 2D pop-ups. Also be aware that it's a Lockheed L-749, not an L-049, with a different autopilot and differing performance.

Although I have the Just Flight L-049, I have flown the freeware L-749 for the last two Connie flights. This wasn't because I prefer it; far from it! It was simply because the final commercial flight took place in a L-749, not an L-049, and I wanted to be true to that. I may now revert to the L-049.

Caveat: I must point out I have made NO improvements or modifications to the L-749 in my Vintage Hangar, nor do I intend to. In fact I do not even provide installation support for this particular aircraft! It is simply a copy of the free download available on the excellent CalClassics website, and re-posted on my Skydrive as a convenient fast download.
        Last edited by Storm; February 5, 2014, 07:03 PM. Reason: Caveat added.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks. Ill just grab the L-749 from storms skydrive.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X