Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazer's Around the World continues: Up the chain to Kodiak

Hey pilots! Looks like its time for another night of haulin' cargo in those majestic Herky-birds!

Thursday night we will continue our cargo-convoy along the Aleutian island chain and arrive at Kodiak for our final stop.

The flight plan for this flight is as follows:

PACS Cape Sarichef Departure --RW 34.... spawn in at rw 6/24
    Z73 Nelson Lagoon Alt: 290 ft --RW 08-- 3,993 ft. Lights Gravel
    PAPH Port Heiden Alt: 95 ft --RW 05-- 4,987 ft. Lights Gravel
    PAKN King Salmon Alt: 56 ft --RW 11-- 8,476 ft. Lights Asphalt ILS 110.30
    PADQ Kodiak Alt: 72 ft --RW 11-- 5,386 ft. Lights Asphalt

As always with these Around the World flights, the preferred aircraft is the excellent Captain sim C-130 Hercules, but feel free to join in any aircraft that can maintain 270 Knots IAS at 12,000+ feet.

I have posted a detailed flight-plan file as well as a handy kneeboard for this flight in the events forum post pertaining to this flight.
    Please use the tools provided to be prepared ahead of time. All are welcome to join in this flight, so do your best and please be considerate of your fellow pilots.

Hope to see everyone there!
    Lazerbolt

Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Heres a handy kneeboard for Thurdays flight. Simply click the link below and open the file in notepad and you will have all the airport information you will need:

FLIGHTPLAN- Click the link below and save the .PLN file to your "Documents/ Flight simulator X files" folder, then you can open it in your in-game flight planner! Simple!

And don't forget to grab the up-dated scenery file from my Skydrive for this flight! Just click the link below and look for "Around the World tags"!
    http://sdrv.ms/1i6EmCj

Please enjoy these tools and use them to be prepaired on the night of the flight!

Hope to see everyone there!
    Lazerbolt
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

Great! Im new so could you please tell me how to get the C-130?

Cant wait!

Comment

here is a link to the Captain Sim version that most of us have. So if you want to see the c-130 that most of us fly with this is what you will need.

http://www.captainsim.com/store/c131_index.html
        [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

Two other propeller cargo aircraft that have proven to work well on these group flights are:
          * Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar (1947, just keeps up, slow climber).
          * Antonov An-32 (1976, much faster and good climber).

Both these aircraft are free to download from my Skydrive (click on my signature in this post).
          * You'll find the Boxcar in my "Vintage Hangar".
          * You'll find the Antonov in "Modern Oddities".

Comment

looking forward to this! I don't have to get up early Friday for work so I can partake

Comment

I highly recommend the CaptainSim C-130 but if you aren't into the pay ware I highly recommend to the AlphaSim C-130, honestly I think it's a flying piece of junk (just my opinion) but unfortunately it's quite honestly the best freeware C-130, I would highly recommend something from Storm's Skydrive to fly but at least with the C-130 FSX will get the substitutions right. Who knows you might somehow actually like the AlphaSim but whether or not you fly it I think people without the CaptainSim should at least have the AlphaSim in their hangar. Once again everything I said was just my opinion.
              [B][FONT=century gothic][I][SIZE=5]Sincerely-[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/B]
              [FONT=Century Gothic][B][SIZE=6]HMHS B[SIZE=5]RITTANIC[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Good point Brittanic about substitutions! :eagerness: I've also just added the Howard 500 to my Skydrive Vintage Hangar. This includes cargo liveries and will easily maintain 270 knots IAS at anything up to 20,000 ft.

Comment

Do you think I could just use a small Learjet? That should keep up just fine.

Im mainly just saying this because I dont know how to import planes into the game.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.93 View Post
                    Do you think I could just use a small Learjet? That should keep up just fine.

Im mainly just saying this because I dont know how to import planes into the game.

Alex
                    In the meantime, you can try the C130 at Rikoooo here: http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/18/241
                    It comes with an installer. Just download, unzip, click, and fly. It has a crude sparsely-instrumented 2½D virtual cockpit, but it does work (and I've seen worse!), and it will fly the speeds needed for this group flight and it will stop quickly on short runways with reverse thrust. Just remember the relatively high stall speed (120 kts).

Comment

Just a reminder for tonights flight! Don't forhet to grab the scenery and flight plan files!
                      Happy landings,
                      Lazer

Comment

Here are a few screenshots from the group flight,

-Coast
                        "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X