Lazer's Around the World continues: Aleutian Islands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazer's Around the World continues: Aleutian Islands

Hi guys! Looks like its time for another night of haulin' cargo in those majestic Herky-birds!

We're working our way back to North America by way of the Bering Sea. Heres the flight plan for Thursdays flight:

PADK starting airport
    PAAK
    IKO
    PADU
    PACS

As always with these Around the World cargo flights, the preferred aircraft is the graceful C130 Hercules, but feel free to use any plane that can maintain 250 knots IAS at 10,000+ feet altitude.

Due to the last-minute nature of this post, we will be "playing it by ear" when it comes to active runways, cruising altitudes, speeds ect... so please do your best. All are welcome to join in this group flight event, please be courteous, and prepared.

Hope to see you all there!
    Lazerbolt
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Heres a handy kneeboard and flightplan for Thurdays flight.

To use the kneeboard simply click the link below and choose "open" and it will open in notepad, ready to use!

To use the flightplan, simply drop the following file into your "documents/flight simulator x files" folder and then it will be ready to load into your in-game flightplanner.

And don't forget to grab the updated scenery file for this flight off my Skydrive here:
    http://sdrv.ms/1i6EmCj

Hope to see everyone there!
    Lazerbolt
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

Thanks Lazer! I'll be flying a new upgrade to the Boxcar, re-engined to make it 20 kts faster.

Comment

Lazer, I'll be parked at Adak in a faster French freighter that Storm kindly souped up for us. As far as I know, server time is still minus 5 hours and, contrary to your previously expressed wishes, weather is real, 15 minute injected. As flight lead of the most popular themed group flight in our community, you have the ability to call for a flight specific server reset anytime. Does not the prevalent jet stream favor us with a tailwind normally tho? Adak (PADK) only has a fuel box for parking so bring 'em in on the ends of the two large runways four at a time, clear the runways upon spawn, radios ON for the Herkeys and we'll get us up and out in good order. I encourage Mulder to set Mulder server for packet kick limit "never" until the flight is in progress to minimize the server kick tears and wails. Hey Pilots...please read the flightplan. Show up in appropriate A/C type. You will be better loved for that effort.
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

If requesting server weather or time, please be advised that IKO and PACS (2nd and 4th stops) are both gravel runways with no lights. Even in daylight, with low stratus clouds and a whiteout on the ground, the runways at all 4 destination airports can be hard to spot and approaches difficult.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think the weather and time will be fine for tonights flight. I tested it last night, and although a few of the runways are a tad short (around 3,500 ft. give or take) it made for a very nice flight. I was a bit suprised at the nice scenery there.
            Happy landings,
            Lazer

Comment

Cant Wait To Fly. I Just Got The CS130

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X