Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World Race! [NOVEMBER 6, 2013 AT 8:00 PM EST]

Hey guys, this is my first time hosting a group flight, so any and all suggestions are welcome!

I plan to have a race all around the world, broken down into weekly legs. I hope to have different airplanes and types of aircraft for the legs, and am open to suggestions on what to fly.

The general rules for these flights are:
    -We all take off at the same time, if you come late you're still welcome but it is at your disadvantage.
    -I plan to keep a running list of who's is in the lead at the end of every leg, also based on your standing will determine your position at the next takeoff
    -If you miss a leg you're automatically placed in last place (If more than one person misses a leg then they will all be put in last place and takeoff at the same time)
    -Basically if a specific aircraft is required you will be automatically place in last place if you're not flying it
    -You are not required to have any payware but when a freeware aircraft is suggested, I HIGHLY recommend you download it, if not a similar default will be provided, but it may be slower & hopefully never faster
    -If a specific aircraft is not required, but a class, of aircraft (e.g. WWII Warbirds), you are welcome to use any plane that falls under the category provided, SO LONG AS IT'S REASONABLE!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA TEAMSPEAK OR SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. (Sorry for all the CAPS but it's important)
    -If the your preferred aircraft is not featured at first I urge you to stay in the race because more than likely your airplane if choice will be used in one of the legs at some point (BTW, I do intend to use airliners at one point so just an FYI)

The actual race rules:
    -I will be at the takeoff airport and tell people when to take off
    -I will fly with the racers for most of the journey then hop over to the destination airport to see who lands first
    -To complete a leg a racer has to land safely, don't care how much of the aircraft you break so long as FSX doesn't detect a crash
    -If you should crash on landing or through any point in the race you will spawn back in at the takeoff airport and just get back into the race, if you know you're gonna loose anyway just tell me and you'll be placed in last place (but still ahead of those who never attended the flight in the first place)
    -*NOTE: if you're gonna be in last place anyway, there may be a point when we don't have anymore time to wait, and the racer should just spawn in at the destination airport for the next leg
    -MUST HAVE CRASH SETTINGS ON MAX, only exceptions I'll allow is overstress and engine stress
    -ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TURN OFF COLLISIONS WITH OTHER AIRCRAFT, IF YOU DON'T YOU FLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    -Don't care how you navigate so long as you get there, I will try to throw in a few difficult legs to try and get racers to think outside of the box
    -When landing there will one and only ONE active, and just to be mix things up a little the runway won't always be the optimal for the circumstances (e.g. "interesting" approach or less than favorable winds)
    -IF YOU DON'T LAND ON THE ACTIVE BUT ON ANOTHER RUNWAY YOU'LL BE PLACED IN LAST, AHEAD OF THOSE WHO CRASHED
    -Normally when landing I would say to be courteous, but remember this is a race if you're hot on someone's tail just go through them, hope they have crash off!
    -WEIGHT, FUEL, AND PAYLOAD ARE UP TO YOU TO MANAGE, BUT NO UNLIMITED FUEL!

FLIGHT DETAILS FOR 11/6/2013:
    -KSFO to KRNO
    -Modern Fighter Jets between 300-550 knts. indicated
    (e.g. F/A-18, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-35 all variants, etc; PREFER NOT TO HAVE F-22 BUT IF YOU MUST IT'S ALRIGHT)
    -Rolling from KSFO at 8 PM Eastern
    7 PM Central
    6 PM Mountain
    5 PM Pacific
    (the rest can do the math)
    -We'll probably wait a few minutes to allow latecomers to get in and setup, it would be nice if racers could be 5-10 min early

IF YOU HAVE ANY PREFERENCE IN TIME OR DAY CHANGE WE'LL SEE IF WE CAN'T GET ANYTHING WORKED OUT, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HOSTING A FLIGHT AND AS OF NOW CAN'T GUARANTEE I CAN MAKE EVERY WEDNESDAY

-I WOULD LIKE FOR THIS TO BE FUN AND QUESTION-FREE SO I AM GOING TO REQUEST A PASSWORD BE PUT ON THE CHANNEL, IF AND WHEN THAT BECOMES REALITY I'LL UPDATE THIS THREAD WITH THE CHANNEL PASSWORD

-If someone would be interested in co-hosting a few of these flights with me I would very much appreciate it. I can't guarantee I can make it all the time and it would be a big help to have another judge at the finish line!

-Channel Password is the airport ID of the destination.
    Last edited by HMHS Brittanic; November 3, 2013, 06:23 AM.
    [B][FONT=century gothic][I][SIZE=5]Sincerely-[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Century Gothic][B][SIZE=6]HMHS B[SIZE=5]RITTANIC[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Hey guys for some reason on the homepage where it says events, this event is listed for 11/5, I tried to change it but it was already posted for 11/6, so I'm not going to be able to correct the date. Anyway just know that this event is in reality taking place on WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2013 AT 8:00 PM EST.

Also I ran the course at realized it will only (hopefully) take under 20 min to go from KSFO to KRNO, so I do plan on there being another leg on 11/6 (going to wait to tell you guys until after we're done with the first leg, want to see what you guys can do with no practice, won't be too hard though)

Finally I have already decided on the active at KRNO is going to be 34L, if the wind favors this good for you, if not good luck (just want to keep things interesting)

Hope to see you there, also if it wouldn't be too much trouble post a reply if you plane on attending (just so I can know what to expect)

Comment

Not sure who fixed the title but thank you very much, appreciate it!

Comment

sounds interesting. It's probably a good idea to require everyone to use the same plane like the default f18 or some freeware. It seems like it would be to hard to judge if everyone flying a different speed plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
          sounds interesting. It's probably a good idea to require everyone to use the same plane like the default f18 or some freeware. It seems like it would be to hard to judge if everyone flying a different speed plane.
          As per Kalo's suggestion I did initially plan to take that route, but not everyone will always have the same plane and I feel that having the variety will increase competition, on Wednesday I'll see how many have the default F/A-18 and if its a significant number I'll have everyone fly that, but if there's not enough people then I'll stick to the plan. Thanks Kalo and hope to see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by HMHS Brittanic View Post
            As per Kalo's suggestion I did initially plan to take that route, but not everyone will always have the same plane and I feel that having the variety will increase competition, on Wednesday I'll see how many have the default F/A-18 and if its a significant number I'll have everyone fly that, but if there's not enough people then I'll stick to the plan. Thanks Kalo and hope to see you there!
            Is there anyway to know if someone has altered a config file? Also would everyone be running unlimited fuel, or engine damage?, overspeed those sorts of things?
            [CENTER][URL="http://s11.photobucket.com/upload?location=FSX%20screenshots"]Random FSX Screenshots[/URL]

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0171.png[/img][/CENTER]

Comment

What if for another event we set up a class format where you have 200kts-250kts (idk what speed ranges yet!) so you can have the variety but also still a competitive aspect?
              [img]http://www.flightsimlabs.com/images/forum/sig_nobumpsnobangs.jpg[/img]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X